View Single Post
Old 05-20-2009

Default Forum Updating 11

Okay folks

I just parked my rig outside my house and bolted inside for a minute to check on a few things and to post an update

We asked Lunarpages yesterday to give us a new backup copy of the website (current dieselam) so we could upload it and retest the things we're watching as potential problems. LP gave us a copy of the database that was weeks old...the one we used last time. [img]/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/slap.gif[/img]

What it means is that we have to wait for LP to give us a copy of the database as it sits TODAY, since we've made many changes since that point.

We know the forums work, as does the chat function, gallery etc. The concern we have is to make sure the user info (like your passwords) comes across no problem. We had some issues today with ISP's being locked out of the new site after the transfer tests...that's why we're needing a fresh copy of our old site's data.

IF we think we can go live, we'll use the new copy of the data we get tonight. Thus (see next line [img]/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] )

FAIR WARNING: ANY POSTS MADE HERE AFTER 5PM MOUNTAIN TIME MIGHT NOT TRANSFER ACROSS.

We'll be tackling several issues over the next few days, just minor stuff like making the forums display consistently in the same order...a few were showing oldest threads first, whereas they should show the newest threads first. Don't fret if every link in the menu bar does not work right away. We still have content to add over the next few weeks.

Just letting you know ahead of time!

More as it happens

VT
-2005 International 4300 240 HP Allison 2500
-2007 Durango 4x4
-2008 Harley FLHTC

Clownular Unit Alpha