View Single Post
  #23  
Old 01-09-2010
cumminscrawler's Avatar
cumminscrawler cumminscrawler is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: aurora, colorado
Posts: 330
Default

I also started working on my beadlock rims a couple days ago. these consist of two 1/4" rings, one welded to my old rim and the other bolted on the outside of the tire. These are supposed to be welded straight onto the outer lip of the rim but I decided to trim that lip down so I could lay a second weld on the inside of the ring for added strength and to keep debris out of the crack. After I cut off the lip, I set the rim on a hub/spindle so I could smoothly rotate it, and using a run out dial I ground down any excessivly high spots to give me a pretty flat surface to work with. I also had to relocated the valve stem since the inner bead lock ring would be blocking the valve stem in it's factory location. I've got three done that are just waiting for a second coat of paint and the 4th is waiting for my motivation to kick back in.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00382.JPG (170.9 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00384.JPG (165.7 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00387.JPG (182.3 KB, 39 views)
__________________
'96 2500 4x4, 5spd, #100 plate, HX35/40, S.B.C. 13" OFE clutch, gauges, 270+k miles. Under Construction: H.P. K.P. D60 W/ Lincoln locked 5.13's & full hydro steering, D80 w/ detroit & 5.13's, 2.71 reduction box & NP205, 4 linked and caged on beaded and cut 42" swampers.

'93 W250 210k miles, 4x4, 5spd w/ SBC conofe, regular cab, flat bed, '97 180hp engine, D.E. 4", S300, power upgrade goodies to come.
Reply With Quote