View Single Post
Old 03-14-2006

Default Re: Dex-Cool Antifreeze

Yep, that looks like the stuff that came out of my little 4.3 and not long after the flush, the radiator developed a leak at the right side tank so it got a second flush. About 5 years later, I started losing coolant and found the intake manifold gasket leaking to the outside and then only after stopping the engine hot when the pressure reaches max.
The new intake gasket is a plastic Felpro so I'm hoping it's an improved piece although if it lasts 9 years like the first...well it'll get another new one with the valve job if I still own that piece.
I read a Northstar post on another site that when following the recommended maint. coolant flush, they also put in some genuine GM stop leak pellets as part of the job...
01.5,Red QC Sport SWB,HO,6spd,4x4,cowl hood, Drag Comp,4"ex., fuel press. gauge, boost&pyro gauges, bhaf, single Holley lift pump next to the fuel tank/13psi WOT, Vulcan Big Line, cheapo fuel cooler, Amsoil in the trans. & Valvoline in the pan, 62-65-.70A/R, ARP studs, kevlar/ceramic SD clutch, 7x.013" Maxstix

Time to turn so's you don't burn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougar View Post
If you remove the gutters, you won't have to clean them. Problem solved..
True love is when she gives you the ham from her egg mcmuffin