Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > General Diesel Topics > 4x4 Off Roading
4x4 Off Roading Created for members who like to take their rig off road. Tecnical discussion along destination hotspots.

Old 03-07-2008

Default Anyone running a 4" lift?

Any one have any insight as to any particular brands to stay away from? I'm looking for something that will replace the front coils with new, longer ones rather than an extended coil bucket or spacer. I'm leaning towards the skyjacker kit but just wanted to see if anyone has any first hand experience.
Old 03-07-2008

Default Re: Anyone running a 4" lift?

I have a Super Lift on my 03. I like it alot. It has a great ride for a one ton. I also have a Tuff country on my 01 3/4 ton and I like that one also. But it does have the coil spacers.
Old 03-13-2008

Send a message via AIM to ColdChuck Send a message via Yahoo to ColdChuck

Carli or Lorenz
'04 3500 HO Laramie quad cab Black SRW SB 48RE 3.73 4x4 w/ESOF. AIRAID air filter/intake tube. Sprayed in bedliner. 50HP maxstick. PopUp GN hitch. Ranchhand Legend Bumper/brush guard. Silverstar HL bulb, Milemarker Hyd. winch. Firestone airbags. Bushwacker Extenda Flare. ATS deep tranny pan. Have tranny gauge but need overhead pod.

Wife - '04.5 F150 5.4L super crew 4x4 lariat fully loaded.

OLD: '99 F350 7.3L PSD lariat SRW 4x4.

Resistance is futile. You must convert.
Old 03-19-2008

I am running the tuff country on my '99. I got the kit with the front coils and love it. Its been there for about 2 years and no problems at all.
'99 2500 ext cab long bed, 5in lift, 3in body lift, auto, Edge Juice w/ attitude, 4.11 gears, 40x13.5x18 Mickey Thompson ATZ, BHAF, stage 3 injectors, west coast converter, shift kit, firestone rear air bags, onboard air system, HTT 62/13 ss, fass 150, mwfi injection pump
Old 03-24-2008

I have a 4.5" Tuff COuntry lift. It came with the spacers. I noticed the spacers would rub on the front of the shocks on heavy compression on the front end. I replaced them with custom made springs from National Spring. Sits just a tad higher than before but created a problem. Now on compression on the front end the front diff cover is hitting the trac bar drop down bracket. Also the spring rubs the frame where the trac bar was originally mounted. No one in the world seems to know what the fix is. All angles, etc. are normal.
Old 07-02-2009

Kore or Carli if you've got the dough. Absolutely the best suspension Bill Gates' money can buy. RCD makes good stuff, Tuff Country, Superlift is pretty decent too. Like most anything else, ya get what ya pay for.
2004 3500 Quad Cab DRW 4x4 NV5600. 6" RCD lift, 37" Cooper STT's. Banks Six Gun, K&N FIPK, 5" TBE side dump, HTT 62/12, HTT ex. man., BD short shift, custom intake elbow, grid heater delete. Line-x bed & rockers, Viar 450c, Train Horn, 6 gal air tank. Hellwig rear anti sway, Carli long travel air bags. Work in progress.....
Proud member of: NRA, FCSA, RMEF.
Old 07-02-2009

i had 6" superlift on mine and it was great and reasonable price as well
Old 07-02-2009

I have a 4.5 superlift on mine and love it. No spacers, replacement front coils etc.

Let me know where in the province you are at and maybe we could meet somewhere if I am in that area and you can have a look yourself. Heading North again this weekend.

2004 1/2 dodge ram cummins 3500 quad cab laramie, 6 speed, FASS, 5 inch stacks, smarty POD, Maxstick's injectors,S and B intake, S and B cold air box, Max built turbo, Pyro, fuel, rail pressure, boost and fuel pressure gauges, 4 inch lift, dual steering stabilizers, with 35 MT tires, smoked clearance light/headlights and taillights, custom rear tailgate mural, ali arc bumper with lightforce and KC lighting the way.
Old 11-17-2009

Ive got this
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/94-02...item439b41b4f9

Its a 3" front and 2" rear lift from tough country with coils not spacers. But when I put it on it was closer to 4" and 3". The picture in the auction is a V8 truck so the front is higher than the rear, but on a diesel truck the front sits about an inch lower than the rear, which is nice if you still use your truck as a truck.

I ran 36" tires with the lift with no problems, and plan on running 37's this summer.

-Mods: Edge Juice w/Additude, BHAF, 4" Turbo back to dual 5" Stacks, F.A.S.S.
Suncoast Transmission w/Billet Input Shaft and Torque Converter w/1700? stall
Old 11-17-2009

Send a message via Yahoo to RAMNYOU

No I wish!!!!

"If dogs are man's best friend, then the Labrador Retriever must be his soul mate."

2003 3500 H.O. 4x4, 6 speed manual, Laramie Pkg, Quad Cab, AFE air filter, Heavy Duty Bilstein shocks & Ringectomy
2004 3500 H.O. 4X4 Auto, Laramie Pkg, Quad Cab, Ringectomy, AFE turbo back exhaust