Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > Other Topics > On The Side
On The Side The name says it all. Are you bored? Have a rough day? Cat cough up a hairball? Well come on in and tell us about it! Here you will find discussions on almost everything under the sun. No Religion Or Politics are to be discussed here. PERIOD!

Old 4 Weeks Ago

Good morning DR, high temps for the day happened about 20 minutes ago......cold front passing and rain falling. rumors of teens tomorrow night. November weather to be sure,,,,,Brrrr
'06 2500 Brilliant Black Pearl Thunder Road, QC, 4X4, G56 w/ SBDD, Home Brew in the gearboxes Volant CAI, ATS Arc Flow , Airdog 100, AFE 4" cat back, Smarty JR, Warn lock-outs, drilled and slotted rotors, HBS steering stabilizer, Pacbrake airbags, Bilstiens, RP 15W40 , 2 BIG BALLS (shift knobs) from Geno's, 5th wheel slider, step bars. The next mod is........

'74 Trans Am, someday car.......
'10 Wildwood 356 SRV
'15 Mid-life crisis
'98 Oytota Navalon
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Cold, wind, dust, fog, rain, ice. Everything but snow. Been a nasty week weather wise. If it wasn't thick fog it was thick dust, either making visibility almost nil. Up north it was worse, ice storms. Visibility was so bad here it grounded a ptarmigan (that's a bird BRD) at the hangar. We made it a shelter to get it out of the wind.
All the management people went to some sort of seminar that is supposed to help us identify and remove all unnecessary tasks. I doubt it will ever be implemented, too many lone rangers in management. INCLUDING OUR OWN new SENIOR VP OF MAINTENANCE! While they were there he gave us another duplicated task to perform.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

GOODMORNINGDIESELRAM....31f and....CLEAR. Nigel I do have a bear tag, but I don't think it's good there. I would be most happy to come shoot it for you though. cougar, your saying the weather is just as bad in Alaska? I was going to drive up there today to to do a little hunting.
'91.5 somewhat stock w-250 4x4 5sp Except for the EVIL twin turbos, K&N filter, two small shopping cart dents in right door, Monroe SENAS-TRAC rear shocks. cheap $35 air horns. KDP tabbed. South Bend clutch 13-1.25 Con O. Max stixs, 4" Rip Exhaust,No Muffler, Old Smokey fuel pin. EGR rear disc. Engine breathed on by Max.
My Black Cloud Is Back!...
2012 3500 crew cab Ram 6spd manual, 8' box
I'm just so tired of being tired
Now on facebook
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Good Morning DieselRam...
JFJ, similar weather here. We haven't started the drop yet but they say it's coming.
62 now, 20 something by morning with wind chills in the teens and high tomorrow of about 40, maybe!!
Bumped 70 yesterday!! Southern weather, all four seasons in 24 hours!!

Old guys ride...sounds fun. Somebody figure out the route to pick everybody up and drop them back off.. figure 2 laps around the lower 48 would do it. :LOL:
OR....We could all converge on a little diesel shop in Golden Colorado for a Cold Beverage and some Hot Lies... Maybe some twisty mountain roads too...??

Good day hauling yesterday, other than the flat on the trailer. I saw it coming but was hoping to make it till the weekend... not.

Sounds like somebody needs a bigger bear banger...!!
Stock, until...
My Other Truck is a Fire Engine!!
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Beautiful sunny day here today, slowly changing to rain for the weekend. I leave for work at 4:15 am and I get a text from the wife when I get to work (5:15) that the bear is back, walking up n down the ramp to our front door. Its scaring the crap outta the wife, shes scared to go out and do yardwork during the day. I set up my gamecams just now, see if I can get some pics. Hope he comes around tonight so I can shoot off some more bearbangers.
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 Heavy Duty, SLT Quad Cab short box, Bilstiens, levelling kit, BD Steering Box Stabilizer Bar, BD heavy duty swaybar links, BD double deep tranny pan, Air bags, Onboard air, Fisher Snow Plow, 35" BFG K02 Tires Edge moniter.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Good morning DR, up and going in early.....one broke on the way in. Supposed to be in the islands by noon. We will see. Sounds like fun smoke, be a heck of a trip for sure
'06 2500 Brilliant Black Pearl Thunder Road, QC, 4X4, G56 w/ SBDD, Home Brew in the gearboxes Volant CAI, ATS Arc Flow , Airdog 100, AFE 4" cat back, Smarty JR, Warn lock-outs, drilled and slotted rotors, HBS steering stabilizer, Pacbrake airbags, Bilstiens, RP 15W40 , 2 BIG BALLS (shift knobs) from Geno's, 5th wheel slider, step bars. The next mod is........

'74 Trans Am, someday car.......
'10 Wildwood 356 SRV
'15 Mid-life crisis
'98 Oytota Navalon
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Good Morning DieselRam...
Dark and 42 with 10 mph winds.
Climbing less than 10 degrees today and colder if you go west... Guess where I'm going.
Mid 20's tonight they say.
I didn't like getting to work at 7am in the dark, but I really don't like it being dark by 5:30 either..
Hard to get a good work day in if you work outdoors.
But... Mid summer when the days are 16 hrs long I just remind myself of winter.
They say the Ms legislature tried to make daylight savings time the year round norm last year.. Gonna try again this year. Hmmm..
Stock, until...
My Other Truck is a Fire Engine!!
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIGIRON View Post
Beautiful sunny day here today, slowly changing to rain for the weekend. I leave for work at 4:15 am and I get a text from the wife when I get to work (5:15) that the bear is back, walking up n down the ramp to our front door. Its scaring the crap outta the wife, shes scared to go out and do yardwork during the day. I set up my gamecams just now, see if I can get some pics. Hope he comes around tonight so I can shoot off some more bearbangers.
You need Weiner Dogs. A friend of mine has 2 of them and he lives at the coast where it's not uncommon for bears to come to the trash cans. One night he heard a bear and was going out to fire off a few rounds , buy the dogs got out before him. They went into attack mode. The bear took off and has never been back, it's been over a year now. People around him still have bears, but not him.
'91.5 somewhat stock w-250 4x4 5sp Except for the EVIL twin turbos, K&N filter, two small shopping cart dents in right door, Monroe SENAS-TRAC rear shocks. cheap $35 air horns. KDP tabbed. South Bend clutch 13-1.25 Con O. Max stixs, 4" Rip Exhaust,No Muffler, Old Smokey fuel pin. EGR rear disc. Engine breathed on by Max.
Now on facebook
Old 4 Weeks Ago

GOODMORNINGDIESELRAM...Red Sky this morning sure glad I'm not a sailor!
Now on facebook
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Warm and windy this AM. All our nasty weather is heading east and it's going to be cold and clear for a few days, then snow by the following weekend. The ptarmigan has departed the pattern and the 2 Caravans that were stuck the next airport over finally made it in for heavy checks.
I'm not holding my breath, but yesterdays meeting was interesting. If all goes as planned, MCC will no longer be paper grader and we'll be back to controlling maintenance.