Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > Diesel Ram Technical Topics > Technical Info: 2nd Gen NON-DRIVETRAIN
Technical Info: 2nd Gen NON-DRIVETRAIN Technical discussion of second generation (1994 - 2002) questions, solutions and upgrades. Please -- DO NOT post drivetrain discussions in this forum.

Old 10-17-2016

Default front axle weight

98 1/2 3500 2wd club cab, 5.924v. does any body know the front axle weight of this vehicle?
i bought a vehicle lift rated at 8000#, they said i missused it, after the lifting cable came lose under the runner. the truck only weighs 7300# total
Old 10-18-2016

You could drive one end onto a scale. Mike at mopar197man.com says that you should weigh both ends of the truck and adjust tire pressure accordingly. He has the numbers somewhere on his site. A search for "proper tire pressure" may find it or send him a PM.

Your lift was a little light for lifting the whole truck. If new, it seems like the warranty should kick in. What were you doing? What brand/type of lift?
2000 Quad Cab,Longbed, NV4500, 410 Gears, 4X4, ISSPro gauges, Thuren 3rd Gen Trackbar (beautiful), AGR Steering Box - box works - NOPE, spoke too soon. Never AGR again. 2 dumped fluid & lost brakes & steering, 4th is too loose. AGR = pp quality control & long wait for replacement (doing something different. Will update with what works), DSS Steering Brace, AirDog 100 = 13# solid, Rusty Doors (POR15 at the bottom for now covered with color match Rustoleum)
Old 10-18-2016
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to MAXTORQ Send a message via Skype™ to MAXTORQ

Ed who's lift is it?

www.maxtorqdiesel.com
Old 10-18-2016

Angry front axle weight

good day, the lift is from BEST BUY AUTO EQUIP, mod fp8k-ds-xlt, it is rated for 8000lbs. truck weighs 7300. it fit on the lift end to end, had 1" between cables & flares. looking at their web site it has ALI certification . looking at ANSI standards there should be a safety factor of 150%. they have offered to send all the replacement parts, providing that i do not lift my dodge any more. I asked the sales rep about the ability to lift the dodge, O YEA no problem. problem is someone miss represented this lift, it failed under the rated cap.
Old 10-18-2016

My guess is that maybe where as these trucks are so front heavy that it came unbalanced. Personally I would of bought one with more capacity.
Old 10-18-2016
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to MAXTORQ Send a message via Skype™ to MAXTORQ

Well 8k is a bit light for our trucks. However the cables only serve to keep the lifting arms equal on both side. The rams lift the truck. If the cable came off the pulley it's probably because the snap ring wasn't on all the way. Or the groove is not machined deep enough. When I got my lift they installed the pulleys over powder coat and would not turn.

www.maxtorqdiesel.com