Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > General Diesel Topics > Drag Racing/Sled Pulling/Mud Bogging
Drag Racing/Sled Pulling/Mud Bogging Discuss the latest in competitive diesel events -- by popular request.

Old 06-16-2009

Default Racing????

Dont know if this is the right place to post but here goes.. How do you go about Racing somebody at the lights? Do you put it in 4 wheel drive or 2 wheel drive.. Shoot, i was at the light and put it in Drive mode (Setting 3) on my edge and when the light turned green i was sitting there and spinning LOL.. Heck it was a nice smoke show but I was going nowhere fast.. So thats the question of the night for me..
Old 06-16-2009
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to MAXTORQ Send a message via Skype™ to MAXTORQ

Four wheel high. Boost lauch at 15psi and stand on it.

Too many of those and you will be seeing me for a tranny.

www.maxtorqdiesel.com
Old 06-16-2009

out of all the guys I race with I'm the only one launching in 2wd and that's only because I'm running a V8 g***er, out of the diesels if they launch in 2wd they just spin even on the sticky drag strip

now that I think about it, one guy has a 2wd 6.0 DORF and he has to run DOT slicks, and still spins pretty bad.

PROJECT MAX-FREEK
p-pump 24 valve, evil intake manifold, evil cam, evil valvesprings, evil head, evil timing cover, arc-flow, needs a home '41 dodge?
Old 06-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXTORQ View Post
Four wheel high. Boost lauch at 15psi and stand on it.

Too many of those and you will be seeing me for a tranny.

LOL... ok thanks..
Old 06-17-2009

4wd ... crawl up on top and over - sort of like standing on his shoelace. Full boost launch so you give him a smokin' rubber racing stripe right down the middle of his car!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

SOLD 97 2500 4x4 ExtCab LB Auto; Isspro gauges (pyro, boost, tranny); 75hp Maxsticks, MaxTrans auto, KDP killed; BD DSS; 3rd gen 17" wheels; GM 1ton rear brake cylinders; Westin step bars; Pakbrake exhaust brake, TS Performance TC Lockup.
Old 07-20-2009

Send a message via AIM to Ramdiesel08 Send a message via Yahoo to Ramdiesel08

Some interesting advice.....
Old 04-09-2010

Send a message via AIM to MOPAR-MAN

You auto guys have it to easy!!! lol
00 Ram 2500 4x4 5-spd, Balanced & blueprinted, O-ringed & studded CR Head W/head work, Hamilton Billet HD Big Stick Cam pushrods & Valve springs, Ceramic coated piston dishes & Teflon coated barings, all ARP studs & bolts, S&B CAI & AF1 Intake horn, Stainless Equal tube length header ceramic coated inside & out, 5" TB Exhaust, Edge Juce W/Attitude (HOT), 120 HP EDM'd Stix, Custom Garrett GT3788R BB Turbo, FASS 150/150, ValAir DD W/3600Lb PP, FluidAmper, Amsoil Bypass, 7" lift, 38.50x14.50x17
Old 04-09-2010

you auto guys do have it easy. Manual guys has any one tried a line lock for the front end???
Old 04-09-2010

Send a message via AIM to MOPAR-MAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeajay View Post
you auto guys do have it easy. Manual guys has any one tried a line lock for the front end???
Thats a good question! Sure would make launching them eayser!!!
00 Ram 2500 4x4 5-spd, Balanced & blueprinted, O-ringed & studded CR Head W/head work, Hamilton Billet HD Big Stick Cam pushrods & Valve springs, Ceramic coated piston dishes & Teflon coated barings, all ARP studs & bolts, S&B CAI & AF1 Intake horn, Stainless Equal tube length header ceramic coated inside & out, 5" TB Exhaust, Edge Juce W/Attitude (HOT), 120 HP EDM'd Stix, Custom Garrett GT3788R BB Turbo, FASS 150/150, ValAir DD W/3600Lb PP, FluidAmper, Amsoil Bypass, 7" lift, 38.50x14.50x17
Old 04-09-2010

Was going to with my old 12V. I used to put it in 4wd, hold the clutch in, raise it up to 2500 rpm, dump the pedal, and hang on while banging those long gears. Of course a $1000 clutch helps out a lot. Always 4wd for manuals or autos.