Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > News and Announcements > Comments and Suggestions
Comments and Suggestions Discussion of DieselRam.Com. What you like or dislike, kudos and complaints, comments and suggestions.

Old 03-02-2016

Default EcoDiesel

How about adding a new technical topic for EcoDiesels. I have one and I think a couple of other long term members have one or have considered getting one.
Old 03-03-2016

How do you like it?
'91.5 somewhat stock w-250 4x4 5sp Except for the EVIL twin turbos, K&N filter, two small shopping cart dents in right door, Monroe SENAS-TRAC rear shocks. cheap $35 air horns. KDP tabbed. South Bend clutch 13-1.25 Con O. Max stixs, 4" Rip Exhaust,No Muffler, Old Smokey fuel pin. EGR rear disc. Engine breathed on by Max.
My Black Cloud Is Back!...
2012 3500 crew cab Ram 6spd manual, 8' box
I'm just so tired of being tired
Now on facebook
Old 03-03-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbaldguy View Post
How about adding a new technical topic for EcoDiesels. I have one and I think a couple of other long term members have one or have considered getting one.
I'd like to see it too.
01.5,Red QC Sport SWB,HO,6spd,4x4,cowl hood, Drag Comp,4"ex., fuel press. gauge, boost&pyro gauges, bhaf, single Holley lift pump next to the fuel tank/13psi WOT, Vulcan Big Line, cheapo fuel cooler, Amsoil in the trans. & Valvoline in the pan, 62-65-.70A/R, ARP studs, kevlar/ceramic SD clutch, jammer 100's

Time to turn so's you don't burn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigreddog View Post
if I get new gutters every year I never need to clean them
True love is when she gives you the ham from her egg mcmuffin
Old 03-03-2016

So far it has met all of my expectations. I just got it last week and haven't had much time behind the wheel. I bought it new even though it is a 15' model. Drove it home about 200 miles (I went a long way from home to buy it because it had my favorite option....the SMOKIN' DEAL price tag ). The 1500 suspension is plush and the motor coupled to an 8 speed Trans is smooooooth. I will say that the 26.6 mpg I got on the trip home form the dealer was also a nice bonus (and that is on winter fuel driving in the mountains in the pouring rain and gusty winds). I will keep you all posted on how I like it and post some pictures when I take some....can't believe I haven't yet but I have been busy. Also I am looking into a Green diesel engineering tune for it. I have a green diesel tune on my sprinter van based motor home and I like it a lot.
Old 03-04-2016

My son has one and loves it. Just 1 warning though....don't let the dealer change the oil unless you have deep pockets. His first paid for oil change was about $300 and mostly due to oil filter price, somewhere around $100 or so. Last I heard there wasn't much in the after market for it although that was about 1 year ago so just be aware....
Old 03-04-2016

I remember Ford ripping off their customers with that one off oil filter trick.
That might be something to add to seal the deal on a purchase....a case of oil filters or walk.
01.5,Red QC Sport SWB,HO,6spd,4x4,cowl hood, Drag Comp,4"ex., fuel press. gauge, boost&pyro gauges, bhaf, single Holley lift pump next to the fuel tank/13psi WOT, Vulcan Big Line, cheapo fuel cooler, Amsoil in the trans. & Valvoline in the pan, 62-65-.70A/R, ARP studs, kevlar/ceramic SD clutch, jammer 100's

Time to turn so's you don't burn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigreddog View Post
if I get new gutters every year I never need to clean them
True love is when she gives you the ham from her egg mcmuffin
Old 03-05-2016
Administrator

For some reason, I was under the impression that this engine was made by Cummins. Goes to show how much I keep up with this stuff anymore.

http://www.cumminshub.com/ecodiesel.html

Same ones that built the engine in my '06 Liberty. 2.8L I4 factory rated @ 160hp/295tq. Been a good engine thus far, no major problems, so hopefully that'll be the same for this engine. The only thing I dislike about the Lib engine is a timing belt...that drives the water pump. I think, but it is what it is.

And it wouldn't surprise me if these guys came out with a tune for the ecodiesel. I have the ECO tune in the Lib & it's

http://www.greendieselengineering.com/Welcome.action
2000QC,SLT,SB,4x4,Intense Blue,Auto,4.10,DSS,AFE Megacannon PRO GUARD-7,silencer ring MIA,Edge Comp-pump wire untapped,Rip's 4in Fair Shake Exhaust,Isspro EVs fuel,boost,pyro,FASS 95/150, S/S '03 trackbar bracket, Thuren '03 trackbar, HTS Ultimate Duty trans w/ billet input & output, 89% Suncoast convertor, 150HP MAXsticks

'06 Liberty CRD, Inferno Red Crystal Pearlcoat, GDE ECO tune

'12 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT, Bright Silver Metallic

'98 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
Old 03-06-2016

I am getting near the final decision on buying a 2016 Ram 1500 Crewcab 4x4 Laramie with Ecodiesel, air ride, Rambox, etc and a few non factory extras myself. And would like a spot to discuss the truck.

I love my Cummins (I have owned 8 since 1998, plus a weak moment with 1 Ford 7.3) but it is way more truck than I need since we switched from a fifth wheel to a motorhome.
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Crewcab SRW 4x4, Silver, RamBox, Everything except DVD, Dick Cepek Fun Country LT285/70R17E Tires, Amp Research PowerSteps, Access Roll-up Box Cover and soon my Espar Heater with cellphone remote.

2009 Massey Ferguson GC2400 Tractor/Loader/Snowblower

2013 VW Touareg TDi, White, Full Load

2007 Haulmark 3329DS 45foot motorcoach on Freightliner Coronado, Detroit 515hp, Meritor 12sp auto shift, 10kw Onan generator, all the toys
Old 03-06-2016

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAF View Post
For some reason, I was under the impression that this engine was made by Cummins. Goes to show how much I keep up with this stuff anymore.

http://www.cumminshub.com/ecodiesel.html

Same ones that built the engine in my '06 Liberty. 2.8L I4 factory rated @ 160hp/295tq. Been a good engine thus far, no major problems, so hopefully that'll be the same for this engine. The only thing I dislike about the Lib engine is a timing belt...that drives the water pump. I think, but it is what it is.

And it wouldn't surprise me if these guys came out with a tune for the ecodiesel. I have the ECO tune in the Lib & it's

http://www.greendieselengineering.com/Welcome.action
Yep Greendiesel has a tune for it. I installed the replacement ECM this weekend. I have a motor home built on a Sprinter chassis with the 3.0 liter Mercedes v6 diesel. I bought the tune for it from them about a year ago and have been impressed with the way it runs. The tune gave me a little extra horse power and makes the turbo lag all but disappear. With the egr turned off in the tune it keeps the oil cleaner and helps to avoid the very common CEL due to sticky egr and swirl motor problems common to the Mercedes. My positive experience with Greendiesel with the Mercedes led me to purchasing the tune for the Ram. From the short test drive after installing I can say that this experience will be much the same. The power seems unaffected but the much wider torque curve makes all the difference. The turbo lag from a stop light is almost nonexistent. But those aren't the reasons I bought the tune. I bought the tune for increased efficiency and because there will be a lot of short trips that won't allow the truck to get to full operating temperature that would normally cause egr issues. The Greendiesel tune turns off the egr but continues to use the DPF and SCR. I will keep you all updated on this thread until we get an ECODIESEL technical area. Which by my count there are now 7 members interested including myself. I still need to take some pics and update my profile pic.....
Old 03-07-2016
Administrator

That would be up to Rob to add a section. I'll pass it along to him...I don't see why he wouldn't.

Yes, I'm impressed with the GDE tune in the Lib, glad to hear the other tunes are working out for you. One of the first things I did to the Lib was to block off the CCV hose & run a separate one to atmosphere. No oily/crudded intake mess for me.
2000QC,SLT,SB,4x4,Intense Blue,Auto,4.10,DSS,AFE Megacannon PRO GUARD-7,silencer ring MIA,Edge Comp-pump wire untapped,Rip's 4in Fair Shake Exhaust,Isspro EVs fuel,boost,pyro,FASS 95/150, S/S '03 trackbar bracket, Thuren '03 trackbar, HTS Ultimate Duty trans w/ billet input & output, 89% Suncoast convertor, 150HP MAXsticks

'06 Liberty CRD, Inferno Red Crystal Pearlcoat, GDE ECO tune

'12 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT, Bright Silver Metallic

'98 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo