Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > Diesel Ram Technical Topics > Technical Info: 2nd Gen 24 VALVE DRIVETRAIN
Technical Info: 2nd Gen 24 VALVE DRIVETRAIN Technical discussion of second generation (1998 - 2002) 24-valve engine and drivetrain questions, solutions and upgrades.

Old 12-29-2004

Default hx35 concerns

i have what i beleive to be the stock turbo on my truck, which would be an hx35...but it could have been made into a hybrid by the previous owner as they did ALL the other power upgrades.

anyway with the stock intake and filter with a banks big head...the truck was making peak 32psi and dropping off to 29 on a long WOT pull.

last week i installed a AFE stage I intake and now it will peak at 37psi...then hold steady at 32 on a long WOT pull.

my exhuast temperatures at full throttle running as fast as this truck can go only reach 1200 degrees. would this lead anyone here to think that something is not so stock about my turbo, the only thing it has is the banks big head wastegate that i know of...could the housing or compressor have been changed?

also, is this too much boost for this turbo (37psi)...ive been trying to find a way to get more boost out of it so it will handle the chip and injectors which go in next

Stop Strokin' and start Cummin

Dodge Makes It, Cummins Shakes It
Old 12-29-2004
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to MAXTORQ Send a message via Skype™ to MAXTORQ
Default Re: hx35 concerns

Doing what it was designed to do ,the aftermarket frees up a little air so you will see higher boost press. Not sure on your housing would have to look at it. [img]/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif[/img]

www.maxtorqdiesel.com
Old 12-29-2004

See if this helps.
http://dodgeram.org/tech/dsl/FAQ/turbo_faq.htm
2000 3500 Cummins Laramie SLT Quad Auto, Long Box 4:10 Dually, Patriot Blue, Silver Century T Topper, Aluminum diamond plate running boards, bed rails & mud flaps, Tan heated leather. Singing turbo.
Old 12-30-2004

I was told that the stock hx35 will handle 35psi of boost with no problem. I don't know about going higher.

96 Dodge 2500, 4x4, Auto, new project
Old 12-30-2004

ive been runing 40psi. with a stock hx 35 12cm housing no problems just isnt efficiant after 28psi i believe