Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > General Diesel Topics > Biodiesel and Alternative Fuels
Biodiesel and Alternative Fuels New! A forum specifically for the discussion and information on biodiesels and alternative fuels.

Old 05-14-2011

Default WMO or WVO, few Qs + how to setup truck for accesories

I will be lookin at picking up a 12v cummins ram (97 came with the best pump right?). Only reason I want one is to run WMO or WVO (more on that later) and drive for free basically.

Now, I dont have space for store or filtration in my home, but i hear it is possible to have everything contained in the bed of the truck. My buddy was telling me to look at pabiodiesel.com at their centrifuge systems, that filter the WMO to .5 microns and use a closed system. So basically I have my 150 or so Litre tank thank i dump unfiltered WMO into, and on top of the tank I got the centrifuge with screen mesh that sucks it up then dumps it back into the tank. Depending on how big the filtration system is, 4 pass filtration will take 1-4 hours.

Im assuming these pumps are electric, in which case can I have em hooked up to the trucks electrical system? (idle the truck for an hour or two [depending on capacity] on regular diesel while the WMO is being filtered?) Can I have it so the pump works on the trucks electrical system AND can be plugged into a homes 110V outlet?

Also would I need another pump that sucks the shops WMO from their containers?

I was looking at greasecars electric purging kits, (im assuming it is better to start/shutdown on regular diesel, or can WMO be used straight up with no heating?

Finally, what pump or fuel line setup would be best to feed the WMO into the fuel system? I am very new to this, so please bear with me!

Also will this setup work for WVO the same way as WMO? (the centrifuge with reusable filter, all contained on the truck?)

Last edited by Greg5OH; 05-14-2011 at 12:58 PM..
Old 06-09-2011

Burning straight waste motor oil is pretty rough man. Been there done that with a benzo. Stinks, runs a bit rough, feels like car no likie.......Small amounts, not noticeable.
Burnin waste veggie oil in a 12v however, is grand.
Do your truck (and everyone smelling your exhaust) a favor and only give it very small amounts of WMO if that's what you really want to do. WVO smells great, and your truck will dig it. Building an extravagent filtration system gets expensive, quickly.
Just my humble opinion.
1999 2500 CTD 4x4 SLT Q/C, auto, short bed, corroded black paint, AEM Brute Force intake w/ Amsoil nanofiber filter, dual red top Optimas, ISSPRO EV pyro, boost, trans temp, fuel pressure, FASS, DSS stabilizer, DTT noise filter, cracked straight pipe, 2" leveling spacers, Bilstein 5100, Smarty, Power puck, silencer ring is on vacation, Amsoil, B100 in the tank

POPS:
1999 2wd Q/C, auto, FASS 150, Isspro EV gauges on the pillar, Amsoil nanofiber drop in filter, 140k, 53 block
Old 09-23-2011

Many people believe that one of the best engines to run a 2 tank system is w a Cummins12v engine. You can find a centirfuge even on Ebay. A centirifuge is probably the best way to go, it will eliminate almost all of the contamination in the WVO.

Geasecar has been around a long time too.

In the warm weather you can run a 50/50 mix straight in your factory tank as long as it's filtered & dewatered esp. in a 12V.

Start w small amounts, mix a gal of cleaned WVO & D2 & add it to your tank.

Have fun,
Dave
Old 09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLuzGN View Post
Burning straight waste motor oil is pretty rough man. Been there done that with a benzo. Stinks, runs a bit rough, feels like car no likie.......Small amounts, not noticeable.
Burnin waste veggie oil in a 12v however, is grand.
Do your truck (and everyone smelling your exhaust) a favor and only give it very small amounts of WMO if that's what you really want to do. WVO smells great, and your truck will dig it. Building an extravagent filtration system gets expensive, quickly.
Just my humble opinion.
My friend has been running a 2 tank Greascar system in his early 80's Benz for years, only problem he's ever had was with him not filtering down fine enough. If he had a centrifuge he would be golden!

A 2 tank system is not cheap 2k anyway for a kit.

Dave