Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > General Diesel Topics > Biodiesel and Alternative Fuels
Biodiesel and Alternative Fuels New! A forum specifically for the discussion and information on biodiesels and alternative fuels.

Old 08-17-2008

Default Re: B100 & CR engine

Thanks for the feedback. Good info!
2006 2500 HD, SLT, Quad Cab, 4x2, CTD, 6 speed, 3.73, Westin nerf bars, Smarty W/ Revo software,Isspro EV2 fuel pressure gauge, Quadzilla Commander,Brite Box W/fog light control and fogzilla's using type 9005 fog lights! I CAN SEE!, Kobalt deep-well toolbox, Garmin GPS, Delta 100 Gallon transfer tank w/ GPI 15 GPM pump. The powertrain is still stock.

Take it easy....If it's that easy, take it twice!!
Old 08-21-2008

Default Re: B100 & CR engine

More feedback for ya. Dino plus 2% bio for lube hauls A,,, Have to turn smarty down from level 5 to 3. Soot is building on the rear quarter panel and bumper. Ah! great to have the power back again, smoked a hemi today,,,,,,,,to easy.
2003.5 2500 4x4 Reg Cab Long Box. 305/555 48Re 3.73 limited slip. Leer Cap,stainless grill guards&fender trim, Rhino liner,FASS 150/95,MBRP 4" Pro Series, Prodigy, Isspro EV Pyro,Boost,Trans,fuel Gauges. SMARTY, AFE StageII PG7.De-badged.
Old 12-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by KD View Post
I recently switched from running B20 for two years to B100. The only issue I had concern about was the polymerization that I had read about a few years ago. My personal take on it is that I haven't heard about this for some time, I'm assuming this was non-ASTM spec'd fuel (I hypothesize this happens with poorly washed fuel).

I just ran up to Vernon (from Langley) and back this weekend on home brew B100 and the truck never missed a beat.
New Member here, so hello to Everyone.

KD, I am with you on this one. I have a 2007 5.9 Mega Cab 4X4 and the truck only saw pure Diesel when the dealer filled it up. Ever since then I run B80 to B90.
35,000 on it so far. My Jeep Liberty CRD also runs on the same Bio. and has 79,000 miles with no problems at all. Polymerization is only a concern if you are running a tuner like Edge or BillyDog. and properly washed fuel is a must. I centrifuge my finished product, and have not clogged a filter yet. I do loose some power if I run B100, so B90 works great..

Danny
Old 12-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfsanchez View Post
New Member here, so hello to Everyone.

KD, I am with you on this one. I have a 2007 5.9 Mega Cab 4X4 and the truck only saw pure Diesel when the dealer filled it up. Ever since then I run B80 to B90.
35,000 on it so far. My Jeep Liberty CRD also runs on the same Bio. and has 79,000 miles with no problems at all. Polymerization is only a concern if you are running a tuner like Edge or BillyDog. and properly washed fuel is a must. I centrifuge my finished product, and have not clogged a filter yet. I do loose some power if I run B100, so B90 works great..

Danny
Hey, welcome to DieselRam Danny!
Finally someone posted something in this section! It's been WAY too long
1999 2500 CTD 4x4 SLT Q/C, auto, short bed, corroded black paint, AEM Brute Force intake w/ Amsoil nanofiber filter, dual red top Optimas, ISSPRO EV pyro, boost, trans temp, fuel pressure, FASS, DSS stabilizer, DTT noise filter, cracked straight pipe, 2" leveling spacers, Bilstein 5100, Smarty, Power puck, silencer ring is on vacation, Amsoil, B100 in the tank

POPS:
1999 2wd Q/C, auto, FASS 150, Isspro EV gauges on the pillar, Amsoil nanofiber drop in filter, 140k, 53 block
Old 09-23-2011

Experts say the best mix for power is B20 any higher & the BTU's per gallon start to drop off.

I was reading that the CR is the way to go for running Bio, 5.9! I'm not sure in a 6.7. Is Cummins saying it's OK to run in anything past 07?