Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > Diesel Ram Technical Topics > Technical Info: 2nd Gen NON-DRIVETRAIN
Technical Info: 2nd Gen NON-DRIVETRAIN Technical discussion of second generation (1994 - 2002) questions, solutions and upgrades. Please -- DO NOT post drivetrain discussions in this forum.

Old 12-14-2016

Send a message via ICQ to CaptainCummins Send a message via AIM to CaptainCummins Send a message via Yahoo to CaptainCummins

A set of KC daylighters wired to come on with High beams works great, get the set that has 130 watt bulbs.
Old 12-16-2016
Administrator

I wanted to get the clear lens single bulb, but LMC doesn't sell them anymore. Figure I'll just get the standard replacements & the LMC relay kit, maybe add auxillary lights if I have to. I don't drive my truck a whole lot anymore.
2000QC,SLT,SB,4x4,Intense Blue,Auto,4.10,DSS,AFE Megacannon PRO GUARD-7,silencer ring MIA,Edge Comp-pump wire untapped,Rip's 4in Fair Shake Exhaust,Isspro EVs fuel,boost,pyro,FASS 95/150, S/S '03 trackbar bracket, Thuren '03 trackbar, HTS Ultimate Duty trans w/ billet input & output, 89% Suncoast convertor, 150HP MAXsticks

'06 Liberty CRD, Inferno Red Crystal Pearlcoat, GDE ECO tune

'12 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT, Bright Silver Metallic

'98 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
Old 12-20-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougar View Post
Nope, not good enough anyway. I was expecting much better.
That's not good. I've been collecting parts. Stock is pretty bad. There are vids on youtube where you can take a fuse box out of another vehicle, modify it and have a nice multi circuit addition with relays &/or fuses.
2000 Quad Cab,Longbed, NV4500, 410 Gears, 4X4, ISSPro gauges, Thuren 3rd Gen Trackbar (beautiful), AGR Steering Box - box works - NOPE, spoke too soon. Never AGR again. 2 dumped fluid & lost brakes & steering, 4th is too loose. AGR = pp quality control & long wait for replacement (doing something different. Will update with what works), DSS Steering Brace, AirDog 100 = 13# solid, Rusty Doors (POR15 at the bottom for now covered with color match Rustoleum)
Old 12-20-2016

I'm going to go down to the local parts places and see what they have for cheap LED's and give them a try. The worst that can happen is they will wind up in the land fill.
Old 02-15-2017

I put a set of Ebay clear lens on my truck about 4 years ago. They really improved the light output over the stock lens that came on it. I also put a new set of running lights on it, the old ones had degraded over the years. I have them hooked up as Daytime Running Lights and run them all the time via a DRL module. Just getting my truck ready for the road when the weather breaks. Finally replacing the stock batteries that came on the truck after all these years. Put a new set of tires on it last year.... I REALLY LIKE driving this truck...!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SAM_0859 (Large) (Mobile).JPG (67.7 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg SAM_0860 (Large) (Mobile).JPG (61.6 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg SAM_0861 (Large) (Mobile).JPG (59.6 KB, 14 views)
2002 [2001.5] 2500 white CCSB 6spd/stock HO, LT285 DuraTrac's, Ford clearance lights, BD 2-low kit, Bowers idle kit, MWFI VP44@70K ,VulcanKit/StockPump, J&J Ent. SS sideboards, IssPro FP w/idget light , homemade ign.kill-key out idle-DRL-A/C defeat circuits. Amber turns. VelvetRide shackles. NV241HD, DANA80 3.55, Ziebart'd

Last edited by JerryKlender; 02-15-2017 at 06:20 AM..
Old 02-15-2017

Those are some good looking lenses.
01.5,Red QC Sport SWB,HO,6spd,4x4,cowl hood, Drag Comp,4"ex., fuel press. gauge, boost&pyro gauges, bhaf, single Holley lift pump next to the fuel tank/13psi WOT, Vulcan Big Line, cheapo fuel cooler, Amsoil in the trans. & Valvoline in the pan, 62-65-.70A/R, ARP studs, kevlar/ceramic SD clutch, 7x.013" Maxstix

Time to turn so's you don't burn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougar View Post
If you remove the gutters, you won't have to clean them. Problem solved..
True love is when she gives you the ham from her egg mcmuffin
Old 02-15-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryKlender View Post
I put a set of Ebay clear lens on my truck about 4 years ago. They really improved the light output over the stock lens that came on it. I also put a new set of running lights on it, the old ones had degraded over the years. I have them hooked up as Daytime Running Lights and run them all the time via a DRL module. Just getting my truck ready for the road when the weather breaks. Finally replacing the stock batteries that came on the truck after all these years. Put a new set of tires on it last year.... I REALLY LIKE driving this truck...!!!!
Was they just plug and play?
Old 02-16-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselfarmboy View Post
Was they just plug and play?
If you mean the DRL,,,,No, I bought a DRL unit from J.C. Whitney back in 2001 and wired it up to the fog lights. It suppose ably supplies 50% power to the lights, but they are still plenty bright in the daylight. I put a switch inline with it to be able to turn it off, but never used it. Leave the lights on whenever the truck is running. Seems to me the truck wiring harness had provisions for a normal plug in headlight based DRL unit, but I did not order that when I spec'd out my truck.

If you meant the headlight fixtures, they were fairly easy to put in. Ebay still sells similar ones for about $75. The reflectors are a little different, but basically the same unit.... Here is an example... http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dodge-94-01-...BV50FV&vxp=mtr
2002 [2001.5] 2500 white CCSB 6spd/stock HO, LT285 DuraTrac's, Ford clearance lights, BD 2-low kit, Bowers idle kit, MWFI VP44@70K ,VulcanKit/StockPump, J&J Ent. SS sideboards, IssPro FP w/idget light , homemade ign.kill-key out idle-DRL-A/C defeat circuits. Amber turns. VelvetRide shackles. NV241HD, DANA80 3.55, Ziebart'd

Last edited by JerryKlender; 02-16-2017 at 05:34 AM..
Old 02-16-2017
Administrator

Did you have to adjust them much, and how hard was it to do?

I'm on the fence about getting that style of light for mine.
2000QC,SLT,SB,4x4,Intense Blue,Auto,4.10,DSS,AFE Megacannon PRO GUARD-7,silencer ring MIA,Edge Comp-pump wire untapped,Rip's 4in Fair Shake Exhaust,Isspro EVs fuel,boost,pyro,FASS 95/150, S/S '03 trackbar bracket, Thuren '03 trackbar, HTS Ultimate Duty trans w/ billet input & output, 89% Suncoast convertor, 150HP MAXsticks

'06 Liberty CRD, Inferno Red Crystal Pearlcoat, GDE ECO tune

'12 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT, Bright Silver Metallic

'98 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
Old 02-16-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAF View Post
Did you have to adjust them much, and how hard was it to do?

I'm on the fence about getting that style of light for mine.
If I remember correctly, I had an issue with getting the driver side installed right. Something about the plastic had to be trimmed some because of a little interference. But, nothing major. You definitely want to see how they are adjusted before you put them in. I still have CCW=up written above the pass side light. From me fumbling from underneath trying to line them up. Just aligned them in the barn with some masking tape targets in front of it on one of the front doors. Not a hard process once you know how the adjusters work and WHICH WAY TO TURN IT.... I think I put in Silverstar bulbs. The clear lens allows more light output than the stock lens. I was happy with the change at the time. I did a final alignment out on the Xway one night to give me MAX distance without getting up into oncoming vehicles eyes....

Last edited by JerryKlender; 02-16-2017 at 02:26 PM..