Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > General Diesel Topics > Tires and Wheels
Tires and Wheels This forum is for tire technical discussion . Here you will find critical info what works and what may not.

Old 06-27-2011
Dorkweed

Saw the new Cooper Discoverer AT3's on a few trucks this past Sat. and Sun. while I was at my retriever clubs hunt test. They are definitely more aggressive than the ATR's with very deep tread. Very good looking tires. I didn't see the owners, so I didn't get to ask the them about the cost though.
Old 10-18-2011
Dorkweed

JFYI y'all. I just rolled over 73,000 miles on my Cooper Discoverer ATR's on my way home from a North Dakota hunting trip. I'll keep them on until the snow flies around here, or until I really need new ones for winter traction. They've got about 5/16's of tread left on them.
Old 10-19-2011

Send a message via Yahoo to RAMNYOU

Hi dorkweed,

BRD & I both just had the AT3's put on our trucks this past weekend. They look & ride great. I can't wait to see how they do in the snow & mud I went from 265's to 285's.

"If dogs are man's best friend, then the Labrador Retriever must be his soul mate."

2003 3500 H.O. 4x4, 6 speed manual, Laramie Pkg, Quad Cab, AFE air filter, Heavy Duty Bilstein shocks & Ringectomy
2004 3500 H.O. 4X4 Auto, Laramie Pkg, Quad Cab, Ringectomy, AFE turbo back exhaust
Old 10-19-2011
Dorkweed

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMNYOU View Post
Hi dorkweed,

BRD & I both just had the AT3's put on our trucks this past weekend. They look & ride great. I can't wait to see how they do in the snow & mud I went from 265's to 285's.

Post up on how they do whether good or bad.
Old 10-19-2011

You bet i will... where I live, work and play I think I am perfect candidate for an honest to goodness review in all types of weather & enviroments... I can't wait!

I still wish I had gotten the 295's but my "Dad" was being way too practical I don't know ifin ya know or not but they currently have a $75.00 rebate if you buy 4AT3's... just incase ya didn't know So in my crafty diplomatic ways when he needs tires again.... I will trade with him & then get the 295's next time lol

"If dogs are man's best friend, then the Labrador Retriever must be his soul mate."

2003 3500 H.O. 4x4, 6 speed manual, Laramie Pkg, Quad Cab, AFE air filter, Heavy Duty Bilstein shocks & Ringectomy
2004 3500 H.O. 4X4 Auto, Laramie Pkg, Quad Cab, Ringectomy, AFE turbo back exhaust
Old 10-19-2011
Dorkweed

Crappy day today, so I didn't work. Went by the tire place and ordered the Cooper Discoverer AT3's in LT265/70 17E. They didn't have them in stock, so they had to order them from the warehouse. Should have them on late next week. I couldn't pass up on the $75 rebate and that only goes until Nov. 7. As of now, I have 73,258 miles on my Cooper Discoverer ATR's. With only about a 1/4-5/16th's of tread left, they ride real hard. Not what I want with winter fast approaching. Later
Old 11-05-2011

Extremely satisfied with my at3's so far in the rain... Can't wait for some snow. Brd has his in the snow right now on his elk hunt.... Wonder how he liked em.... I haven't heard any complaints The ride is really nice too btw.

Old 11-07-2011
Dorkweed

I've got almost 1,000 miles on mine already. Pretty quick huh??!!!!

Anyhow, I really, really like them. For a tire that's more aggressive than the prior ATR's, they're actually very quiet going down the road.

It's been a mild fall around here..........mine have been thru only light rain. They were fine.

They did quite well in harvested corn on a goose hunt this past weekend. It was frosty/solid going in over the corn stalks. It was wet/damp going out. For an AT type tire, they clean mud out pretty good. Much better than the ATR's ever did.

They handle my work trailer just fine also.

For those looking for tires, you may want to consider these bad boys!! Just my .02 cents.

That's all for now.
Old 11-07-2011

Agreed! We are expecting snow.... I hope to wake up to a winter wonderland so that I can test them out on some snow

Old 11-07-2011

Don't accept an ATR.......they are worthless in the mud. They are proving to be a good highway tire though.