Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > Diesel Ram Technical Topics > Technical Info: 2nd Gen 24 VALVE DRIVETRAIN
Technical Info: 2nd Gen 24 VALVE DRIVETRAIN Technical discussion of second generation (1998 - 2002) 24-valve engine and drivetrain questions, solutions and upgrades.

Old 03-07-2019

Default Washers/seals on banjo bolts

Went by the "stealer" a while back to get the washers / seals for some banjo bolts , the aluminum ones with the rubber inside them , and they , well they act like they are made of gold or something . Question , can the copper crush washers be used instead ? Atleast you can buy them pretty cheap for a bunch . I think they do the same thing .
Old 03-08-2019

Afraid not pal, the bolts are hollow and break easily.
Have you checked ebay?
01.5,Red QC Sport SWB,HO,6spd,4x4,cowl hood, Drag Comp,4"ex., fuel press. gauge, boost&pyro gauges, bhaf, single Holley lift pump next to the fuel tank/13psi WOT, Vulcan Big Line, cheapo fuel cooler, Amsoil in the trans. & Valvoline in the pan, 62-65-.70A/R, ARP studs, kevlar/ceramic SD clutch, jammer 100's

Time to turn so's you don't burn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigreddog View Post
if I get new gutters every year I never need to clean them
True love is when she gives you the ham from her egg mcmuffin
Old 03-08-2019

What Clunk said...
'06 2500 Brilliant Black Pearl Thunder Road, QC, 4X4, G56 w/ SBDD, Home Brew in the gearboxes Volant CAI, ATS Arc Flow , Airdog 100, AFE 4" cat back, Smarty JR, Warn lock-outs, drilled and slotted rotors, HBS steering stabilizer, Pacbrake airbags, Bilstiens, RP 15W40 , 2 BIG BALLS (shift knobs) from Geno's, 5th wheel slider, step bars. The next mod is........

'74 Trans Am, someday car.......
'10 Wildwood 356 SRV
'15 Mid-life crisis
'98 Oytota Navalon
Old 03-08-2019
Administrator

Is there some sort of cummins dealer nearby, truck shop, or ag shop if no direct shop.

sold
'96 2500SLT CC LB 2WD, KDP tabbed,100Hp Maxsticks,16* ,3k gsk,afc modded,#8 tst plate,62/70/13 turbo,4" MBRP exhaust,AFE stage III dry filter intake,autometer boost pyro, oil, tran temp,DSS,rebuilt diff & tranny w/billet triple lock TC w/lockup switch,1tn rear cylinders,ride rites on all 4 corners w/on board air,465k km. 330 hp 766 ft/lbs
Old 03-08-2019

Sorry guys , I was asking about the actual seals / washers not the hollow bolts . The ones that came off looked like they were made of aluminum and they had a rubber seal (?) around the hole of the washer . Don`t they just seal each side of the banjo fitting (?) the bolt goes through ? Isn`t that the same thing a copper crush washer ( I think that`s what they are called) does ? I just think almost $ 15 is a little high for 2 washers .
Old 03-08-2019

you need to look at the metrics aluminum on steel with rubber or copper on aluminum? fuel leaks are awesome LOl
2005 SLT 2500 3.73 Automatic, reg cab, spray in liner, stull runnin boards,12 volt winch power to bed, slide out loading ramp 4ft by 8ft.Bone stock silencer now MIA 95 gph fass adjustable pump and straw kit
06 dodge 1/2 ton 2wd gasser 4.7 l auto [replacement for giving the son the ford] went to my mother 2017 1500 5.7hemi 10,000 original miles

2014 Cadillac CTS 2.0 turbo
Old 03-10-2019

To tighten it enough to crush a copper gasket will break the hollow bolts. You might check a local Cummins or Freightliner shop.
01.5,Red QC Sport SWB,HO,6spd,4x4,cowl hood, Drag Comp,4"ex., fuel press. gauge, boost&pyro gauges, bhaf, single Holley lift pump next to the fuel tank/13psi WOT, Vulcan Big Line, cheapo fuel cooler, Amsoil in the trans. & Valvoline in the pan, 62-65-.70A/R, ARP studs, kevlar/ceramic SD clutch, jammer 100's

Time to turn so's you don't burn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigreddog View Post
if I get new gutters every year I never need to clean them
True love is when she gives you the ham from her egg mcmuffin
Old 03-11-2019

$15 buck for two washers.....buy them, you've already wasted more than that in time. Drop by my shop and I cans show real money parts.
'06 2500 Brilliant Black Pearl Thunder Road, QC, 4X4, G56 w/ SBDD, Home Brew in the gearboxes Volant CAI, ATS Arc Flow , Airdog 100, AFE 4" cat back, Smarty JR, Warn lock-outs, drilled and slotted rotors, HBS steering stabilizer, Pacbrake airbags, Bilstiens, RP 15W40 , 2 BIG BALLS (shift knobs) from Geno's, 5th wheel slider, step bars. The next mod is........

'10 Wildwood 356 SRV
'15 Mid-life crisis
'98 Oytota Navalon
Old 03-11-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetfueljockey View Post
$15 buck for two washers.....buy them, you've already wasted more than that in time. Drop by my shop and I cans show real money parts.
I`m retired so I have more time on my hands than money . I just found 12 on ebay for $13.00 ( 12mm for dodge ram diesel fuel ) . That`s a hell of a lot better price for something that shouldn`t cost the 6 or 8 bucks apiece a dealer charges for them. I have absolutely no doubt there are not parts that cost real money , but we are talking about washers here , not the real money parts that can be added for performance or such .
Old 03-12-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldoyle View Post
I`m retired so I have more time on my hands than money . I just found 12 on ebay for $13.00 ( 12mm for dodge ram diesel fuel ) . That`s a hell of a lot better price for something that shouldn`t cost the 6 or 8 bucks apiece a dealer charges for them. I have absolutely no doubt there are not parts that cost real money , but we are talking about washers here , not the real money parts that can be added for performance or such .
Sweet deal, resell them and make your money back I'm looking forward to rocking chair money myself.....

'10 Wildwood 356 SRV
'15 Mid-life crisis
'98 Oytota Navalon