Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > Diesel Ram Technical Topics > Technical Info: Parts and Accessories
Technical Info: Parts and Accessories Discussion of parts and accessories associated with Dodge Ram Diesels. Discuss products you use, recommend or are looking for for your truck.

Old 06-03-2017

Default Window switch HELP!

So apparently I have one of those trucks that is rare or were put together on the cheap. Either way, every time I go to look for a part its seems to be non existent. So here I am at the mercy of all you awesome folks who possess a plethora (that means many) of knowledge. There is that enough buttering up because I can keep going. LOL

Ok so here's the dealio. My truck is a 99 2500 4x4 with the diesel. a few months ago the switch on the drivers side that rolls the passenger window up and down broke inside. I took it apart but there was no fixing it as the super thin copper metal spring clip broke and since I'm not a 19th century watch repairman I need to find a new switch with the pigtail. Here is a picture of the switch location as well as the switch out of the truck. The auto parts place can't find it and I've called around to a few junkyards with no luck.

So I asking if anyone out there might have access to other places or have one of these little Devils just laying around. If someone can locate one, I will make it worth your time and effort. My truck does not have the fancy trim package like the SLT or whatever else was available that year. That might be the reason this is so hard to find.

Let me know what you guys think. If you can find one at a reasonable price I will like I said make it worth your while.

2006 Yamaha XT 225
Old 06-04-2017

would something here work?
https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...ow+switch,4624

SOLD 97 2500 4x4 ExtCab LB Auto; Isspro gauges (pyro, boost, tranny); 75hp Maxsticks, MaxTrans auto, KDP killed; BD DSS; 3rd gen 17" wheels; GM 1ton rear brake cylinders; Westin step bars; Pakbrake exhaust brake, TS Performance TC Lockup.
Old 06-04-2017

Unfortunately they wont work, completely different mounting and plug configuration. Those are made for the flat large cluster switch assembly units. I found lots of those at the junkyard.
2006 Yamaha XT 225
Old 06-05-2017

You may need to get the VIN number, get a friendly Dodge parts guy to look up the number by the VIN and do a search by part number. Who knows....they might have one gathering dust somewhere.
'06 2500 Metallic Black Thunder Road, QC, 4X4, G56 w/ SBDD, Home Brew in the gearboxes Volant CAI, ATS Arc Flow , Airdog 100, AFE 4" cat back, Smarty JR, Warn lock-outs, drilled and slotted rotors, HBS steering stabilizer, Pacbrake airbags, Bilstiens, RP 15W40 , 2 BIG BALLS (shift knobs) from Geno's, 5th wheel slider, step bars. The next mod is........

'74 Trans Am, someday car.......
'10 Wildwood 356 SRV
'15 Mid-life crisis
'98 Oytota Navalon
Old 06-05-2017

looks a lot like the aftermarket power window kits dealers install chk aftermarket power windows
2005 SLT 2500 3.73 Automatic, reg cab, spray in liner, stull runnin boards,12 volt winch power to bed, slide out loading ramp 4ft by 8ft.Bone stock silencer now MIA 95 gph fass adjustable pump and straw kit
06 dodge 1/2 ton 2wd gasser 4.7 l auto [replacement for giving the son the ford]
2014 Cadillac CTS 2.0 turbo
Old 06-05-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by pullinforme View Post
looks a lot like the aftermarket power window kits dealers install chk aftermarket power windows
Yep, here's what I found out. I took the truck to a local guy that has his own Auto Electric shop, been in business for years and in fact him and his dad owned a NAAPA store here like 25 years ago. This guy is like Rain-man when it comes to this stuff. He took one look in my truck and said that the switches were after market. So that might mean that my truck came from the factory with manual roll windows.

That's when I realized I was going about finding a new switch all wrong. I got the name off the side of the switch and did some more investigating and google searches and came up with this.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/e...FUFsfgodbOMBBA

I sent an email to one of the companies that sells this to see if they could take a picture of the plug from the open end to confirm. We'll see. But I am hopeful now.
2006 Yamaha XT 225
Old 06-06-2017

looks the same, hope it's what your looking for.
'91.5 somewhat stock w-250 4x4 5sp Except for the EVIL twin turbos, K&N filter, two small shopping cart dents in right door, Monroe SENAS-TRAC rear shocks. cheap $35 air horns. KDP tabbed. South Bend clutch 13-1.25 Con O. Max stixs, 4" Rip Exhaust,No Muffler, Old Smokey fuel pin. EGR rear disc. Engine breathed on by Max.
My Black Cloud Is Back!...
2012 3500 crew cab Ram 6spd manual, 8' box
I'm just so tired of being tired
Now on facebook