Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > The 911 Help Category > 911 Help! Emergency Only! For General Info Use Tech Forums
911 Help! Emergency Only! For General Info Use Tech Forums This section is ONLY (repeat ONLY!) to be used in a situation where you are broken down and in dire need of IMMEDIATE help! Otherwise use the normal "Technical" forums below for information requests.

Old 1 Week Ago

Default 5 sp won't shift

98 dodge, cummins, nv4500
Trans was working just fine other a little sticky going into reverse. I parked the truck, came back minutes later, started up and tried to put it in reverse. It would not go in. It would not go into any gear, shifter moves side to side but will not go front or back even with the engine shut off. I removed the shift lever and the 5th reverse gate seems to be about 1/4 inch back further than the other two gates. I removed the pto covers but can't see anything wrong. Any ideas short of removing trans?
Dave
98 2500 Quad 5sp 4x4 12 valve, #100 plate, 3kgsk, bhaf, 4" ss magnaflow, afc kit, super contacts, viper hood, gorila bumper, otto-max springs, heckethorn shocks, american racing wheels with 285 scorpions, runners, xenon flares, x-liner
Old 1 Week Ago
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to MAXTORQ Send a message via Skype™ to MAXTORQ

Drop transmission. Remove the top cover sounds like the shift fork is busted.

www.maxtorqdiesel.com
Old 1 Week Ago

I once lost a roll pin that held 3/4 shift fork on a shaft... Still had to remove the transmission to replace a $0.30 part. I was able to get the truck out of 3 and 4... drove it 1000 miles home on 1st, 2nd, and 5th. If you can get it out of gear.. may be able to move it.
End over end down a canyon.. truck is FUBAR: 2004.5 2500 HO 600 4X2 SLT QC LWB 48RE / 11.5 4.10 Limited Slip / ROKK sensor / FASS 95gph / Boost Fooler / Issapro Gauges / Rebuilt Engine with many mods including ARP studs / Trans rebuilt performace parts including builet shafts.

2018 3500 Laramie Crew Cab 4X4 Long Box / Bone stock for now.

98 2500 4X4 Reg Cab / 5 Speed / Bone stock
Old 6 Days Ago

I had the shifting fork on mine break too but mine is a getrag
'91.5 somewhat stock w-250 4x4 5sp Except for the EVIL twin turbos, K&N filter, two small shopping cart dents in right door, Monroe SENAS-TRAC rear shocks. cheap $35 air horns. KDP tabbed. South Bend clutch 13-1.25 Con O. Max stixs, 4" Rip Exhaust,No Muffler, Old Smokey fuel pin. EGR rear disc. Engine breathed on by Max.
My Black Cloud Is Back!...
2012 3500 crew cab Ram 6spd manual, 8' box
I'm just so tired of being tired
Now on facebook