Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > General Diesel Topics > Tires and Wheels
Tires and Wheels This forum is for tire technical discussion . Here you will find critical info what works and what may not.

Old 02-02-2007

Send a message via MSN to Storm1
Default General Grabber AT2

Is anyone running the General grabber AT2's? Years back I had a set of the MT's and got really good performance and wear life out of em. Curious of your opinions. [img]/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

And while I'm at it I read a post about max tire size on a dually and cannot find it.

*SOLD* 94 3500 4X4, 5spd, #100 Plate, 3K GSK, Boost elbow, AFC mods, TST Boost & Pyro Gauges on Pillar, Valair Ceramic/Kevlar 13 inch conversion, Straight piped, Custom Air Box.
Old 02-02-2007

Default Re: General Grabber AT2

Is this the post you were looking for. http://dieselram.com/forum/ubbthread...e=2#Post199786 . I am still looking into wheel spacers for the rear dualls, but if you plan on getting different rims you can correct the spacing problem w/ those.
98 24v club cab dually. BHAF w/ homemade heat shield, 5" stacks, rebuilt trans w/ triple disk torque converter, headache rack, Nerf bars, 285/75/16 , farm hand bumper, 6" off road lights, Edge juice w/ attitude, 8X8 flatbed w/ underbody toolboxes, Dana 60 front, dana 80 rear w/ limited slip, 3.55 gears, 97 fuel filter housing. 228k miles, and still going strong.
Old 02-03-2007

IMHO I wouldn't run general tires of any kind.Don't get me wrong they have some great looking tread designs.I've just never had any luck with them.When you have more than one blow out on a new set of tires seems to me there are some quality control issues.A buddy of mine also had the same problem.Maybe it was just a problem with a certain time in manufacturing.But no generals for me.I've ran several private label tires,some made over seas and never had any problems with them.
1997 Ram 3500 Laramie SLT extended cab 4WD,auto, BHAF,silencer ring pulled. " SPAYED" kitty,4 inch exhaust. Air Horns.KDP tabbed.Timing set at 15 degrees.Custom Plate 1/2 way forward(sort of spin off of a 10). Billet TC, TC lockup switch, Isspro boost and pyro.
Old 02-04-2007

Send a message via MSN to Storm1

Hamel, that link is not working for me.

I have only ran the one set of Generals and had no problems, so thanks for the info. To be honest the only tire I have had blow out was a BFG AT some years ago.

I can get a good deal on the AT2's but I'll probably shell out the extra cash for the AT KO's. I also got a good deal on MC courser AT's, good tires and good traction but soft compound and wear quickly.

*SOLD* 94 3500 4X4, 5spd, #100 Plate, 3K GSK, Boost elbow, AFC mods, TST Boost & Pyro Gauges on Pillar, Valair Ceramic/Kevlar 13 inch conversion, Straight piped, Custom Air Box.
Old 02-04-2007

I don't know why the link isn't working. Go to the second page of the tire section, and read lift needed.
I have never ran general tires so I can't compare them to anything. I have never bought them because they haven't ever received any great reviews.
98 24v club cab dually. BHAF w/ homemade heat shield, 5" stacks, rebuilt trans w/ triple disk torque converter, headache rack, Nerf bars, 285/75/16 , farm hand bumper, 6" off road lights, Edge juice w/ attitude, 8X8 flatbed w/ underbody toolboxes, Dana 60 front, dana 80 rear w/ limited slip, 3.55 gears, 97 fuel filter housing. 228k miles, and still going strong.