Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > Other Topics > On The Side
On The Side The name says it all. Are you bored? Have a rough day? Cat cough up a hairball? Well come on in and tell us about it! Here you will find discussions on almost everything under the sun. No Religion Or Politics are to be discussed here. PERIOD!

Old 07-12-2019

Good morning DR, cool start to another mid 80s day....heat index of 95*….oh well. YayDay and still contemplating tomorrow. Live today, contemplate tomorrow. Y'all have a good day
'06 2500 Brilliant Black Pearl Thunder Road, QC, 4X4, G56 w/ SBDD, Home Brew in the gearboxes Volant CAI, ATS Arc Flow , Airdog 100, AFE 4" cat back, Smarty JR, Warn lock-outs, drilled and slotted rotors, HBS steering stabilizer, Pacbrake airbags, Bilstiens, RP 15W40 , 2 BIG BALLS (shift knobs) from Geno's, 5th wheel slider, step bars. The next mod is........

'74 Trans Am, someday car.......
'10 Wildwood 356 SRV
'15 Mid-life crisis
'98 Oytota Navalon
Old 07-12-2019

Sunny 90's today hauling asphalt, fine gravel and topsoil....a very nice assortment.
I have a build-up of very tough asphalt in the bed, it just laughs at diesel fuel so I poured a little gasoline then more diesel fuel. I guess I'll see in the morning.
01.5,Red QC Sport SWB,HO,6spd,4x4,cowl hood, Drag Comp,4"ex., fuel press. gauge, boost&pyro gauges, bhaf, single Holley lift pump next to the fuel tank/13psi WOT, Vulcan Big Line, cheapo fuel cooler, Amsoil in the trans. & Valvoline in the pan, 62-65-.70A/R, ARP studs, kevlar/ceramic SD clutch, jammer 100's

Time to turn so's you don't burn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigreddog View Post
if I get new gutters every year I never need to clean them
True love is when she gives you the ham from her egg mcmuffin
Old 07-13-2019

Gooooood Morning DieselRam!!!!
Mostly cloudy and 73 this morning. Might reach 90 later. Depends on what hurricane Barry sends us and when.
Mostly clouds and rain is the foreguess.
I need a rainy day anyhow. Steer tires on the dually are all jacked up from stopping loaded, and tail wheels on the mule came apart yesterday.
Guess I shouldn't use all terrains on the front unless I wanna rotate them every 15k mi or so..
On the clock today. Last shift before 2 weeks off.
Don't know if I'd call it vacation, just a break from here, the truck will still roll mostly.
Might move one to the coast and lay up overnight.
Stock, until...
My Other Truck is a Fire Engine!!
Old 07-13-2019

Mostly sunny 90's today. I drove through a coupla popup showers while delivering 1/2" rock.
Worked on removing stuck asphalt then bought some bolts to repair the electric jackhammer.
Got off early, think I'll take a nap.
01.5,Red QC Sport SWB,HO,6spd,4x4,cowl hood, Drag Comp,4"ex., fuel press. gauge, boost&pyro gauges, bhaf, single Holley lift pump next to the fuel tank/13psi WOT, Vulcan Big Line, cheapo fuel cooler, Amsoil in the trans. & Valvoline in the pan, 62-65-.70A/R, ARP studs, kevlar/ceramic SD clutch, jammer 100's

Quote:
Old 07-14-2019

Good Sunday Morning Coming Down, hummmm, now I gotta listen to that again nice out this morning, rumors of 81* for the highs. Might be asked to got look at an A/C in KnoxVegas, cheaper to pay me OT and mileage than to move the aircraft.....I like O/T.
'06 2500 Brilliant Black Pearl Thunder Road, QC, 4X4, G56 w/ SBDD, Home Brew in the gearboxes Volant CAI, ATS Arc Flow , Airdog 100, AFE 4" cat back, Smarty JR, Warn lock-outs, drilled and slotted rotors, HBS steering stabilizer, Pacbrake airbags, Bilstiens, RP 15W40 , 2 BIG BALLS (shift knobs) from Geno's, 5th wheel slider, step bars. The next mod is........

'10 Wildwood 356 SRV
'15 Mid-life crisis
'98 Oytota Navalon
Old 07-14-2019

Cloudy 80's today. Looks like we might get rain. Bought some hearing protection for busting stuck asphalt in the dump bed.

Quote:
Old 07-15-2019

Good morning DR, cool and humid, hot and humid later.....August isn't in town yet Contemplating the scooter today, new girl at work never has been on two wheels. Keep y'all posted.

'10 Wildwood 356 SRV
'15 Mid-life crisis
'98 Oytota Navalon
Old 07-15-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clunk View Post
Just found this for dealing with wildfire smoke,
"Avoid “ozone air purifiers” and “ionic air purifiers” as these are not effective at removing fine particulates. HEPA filters alone do not remove chemicals and gases so it's important to use a HEPA air filter that includes activated carbon impregnated with potassium iodide and zeolite."

https://www.healthychild.com/air-purifier-for-smoke/
Thanks for the tip Clunk, I'll have to look into those.
Looks like the abnormally hot weather has broke, for a while anyway. More close to normal temperatures, higher humidity, and some light rain showers. Really helping with the fires.

Had a guy come out Saturday evening to replace the back door on the house. What should have been a simple job turned into an engineering project. Long story short, the builder of the log cabin inserted a steel "T" beam frame inside the door cut out, then framed over it with a 2X6 inner frame. I wound up drilling and tapping the "T" beam to hold the 2X6 frame in place so the carpenter could screw the door frame into the 2X6 frame. It turned into a late evening.
Old 07-15-2019

Wow, just like Gunnery Sargent Highway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dBE8nvWUi8

Quote:

Last edited by Clunk; 07-15-2019 at 08:20 PM..
Old 07-15-2019

Cloudy 80's today. Hauled asphalt until 5pm....it's like the rain split and went around the job site.

Quote: