Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > Other Topics > On The Side
On The Side The name says it all. Are you bored? Have a rough day? Cat cough up a hairball? Well come on in and tell us about it! Here you will find discussions on almost everything under the sun. No Religion Or Politics are to be discussed here. PERIOD!

Old 07-01-2019

Default July Mornings

Good morning DR, line of storms passed through last night....honestly would like to have a day or two of slow steady rain. Threat of fires from the celebrations is real sometimes. Most excellent ride yesterday, the tunnels and the BBQ were well worth the effort....little over two hundred miles in the saddle over mostly two lane country roads. Yeah, pretty good day but Monday has dawned and work beckons....Y'all be safe.
'06 2500 Brilliant Black Pearl Thunder Road, QC, 4X4, G56 w/ SBDD, Home Brew in the gearboxes Volant CAI, ATS Arc Flow , Airdog 100, AFE 4" cat back, Smarty JR, Warn lock-outs, drilled and slotted rotors, HBS steering stabilizer, Pacbrake airbags, Bilstiens, RP 15W40 , 2 BIG BALLS (shift knobs) from Geno's, 5th wheel slider, step bars. The next mod is........

'74 Trans Am, someday car.......
'10 Wildwood 356 SRV
'15 Mid-life crisis
'98 Oytota Navalon
Old 07-01-2019

GOODMORNINGDIESELRAM...58f and dark. Waiting for the afternoon T-storms. July already, where did June go? Tomorrow is the middle of the year. I to hear the call of work.
'91.5 somewhat stock w-250 4x4 5sp Except for the EVIL twin turbos, K&N filter, two small shopping cart dents in right door, Monroe SENAS-TRAC rear shocks. cheap $35 air horns. KDP tabbed. South Bend clutch 13-1.25 Con O. Max stixs, 4" Rip Exhaust,No Muffler, Old Smokey fuel pin. EGR rear disc. Engine breathed on by Max.
My Black Cloud Is Back!...
2012 3500 crew cab Ram 6spd manual, 8' box
I'm just so tired of being tired
Now on facebook
Old 07-01-2019

Good Morning DieselRam....
72 at dawn, low 90's later, maybe a thunder shower. Typical July weather.
Yep, the year is flying by.

JFJ, sounds like a good time on the ride.
I miss those days, leave Saturday morning and just cruise & visit, make it home sometime after dark.
These days I'm glad to sit at home for a day since I'm gone most of the time.

Hangin with Ralph on Saturday. Driving lessons on the 5 speed Mustang, scoped out some tractors for sale while we were riding around, watched the last Matrix movie, fried some deer steaks.
Sunday, cleaned the fuel tank on the tiller & installed a new drive belt, plow & fertilize, little weed eating, ran the generator about 30 minutes, tinkered with the walk behind mower a little, trimmed a few limbs, then took a break.
Back on the clock today. Nothing planned due to the holiday mid week.
Guess we need to think about that a minute since we'll be back here for that.
Stock, until...
My Other Truck is a Fire Engine!!
Old 07-01-2019

Wow, July again....it keeps showing up about this time of year.
Hauled stinky sludge, fixed the air conditioning on one of the Pete's by tapping on the high side cut-off switch with a small wrench. The low side pressure was 40psi after a few minutes so I bled some off.....30psi now with engine at 1000rpm and high side steady at 250psi.
Had to replace the 8LL shifter knob on that same Pete too.
01.5,Red QC Sport SWB,HO,6spd,4x4,cowl hood, Drag Comp,4"ex., fuel press. gauge, boost&pyro gauges, bhaf, single Holley lift pump next to the fuel tank/13psi WOT, Vulcan Big Line, cheapo fuel cooler, Amsoil in the trans. & Valvoline in the pan, 62-65-.70A/R, ARP studs, kevlar/ceramic SD clutch, jammer 100's

Time to turn so's you don't burn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigreddog View Post
if I get new gutters every year I never need to clean them
True love is when she gives you the ham from her egg mcmuffin
Old 07-02-2019

Good morning DR, mid 60s to mid 80s and spotty showers in spots. work progresses in both long term corners of the barn.....need more skilled people....none available.
'06 2500 Brilliant Black Pearl Thunder Road, QC, 4X4, G56 w/ SBDD, Home Brew in the gearboxes Volant CAI, ATS Arc Flow , Airdog 100, AFE 4" cat back, Smarty JR, Warn lock-outs, drilled and slotted rotors, HBS steering stabilizer, Pacbrake airbags, Bilstiens, RP 15W40 , 2 BIG BALLS (shift knobs) from Geno's, 5th wheel slider, step bars. The next mod is........

'10 Wildwood 356 SRV
'15 Mid-life crisis
'98 Oytota Navalon
Old 07-02-2019

We had a lot of skilled people, but the new management is running people off just like the last place I worked. They are hiring contractors that haven't a clue on how to work on aircraft.
A smokey 55 morning headed to the mid 80s. Fires all over the state. Spent yesterday morning at the DMV renewing my drivers license. What a bad joke. I was warned so I came prepared. On their web site they have 5 categories of identification you have to provide. The first 4, Identity, Lawful Status, Name Change, and Social Security number requires one document each. The fifth, Residency requires 2. NOT TRUE! The person renewing your license can demand as many (or few) and what they think necessary. When I dumped out a big pile of stuff on their counter she didn't push. She pulled out my passport to cover my Identity and Lawful Status, she didn't ask about any name change, then my social security card was good enough for that part, and then a vehicle registration and insurance card I brought. $40 please, go down to window 10 for your mug shot. At window 10: here is your temporary license, your new one will be mailed to you in about 3 weeks.
Old 07-02-2019

Sunny 90's today. Hauler topsoil and got to operate the Link Belt excavator...woo-hoo!
01.5,Red QC Sport SWB,HO,6spd,4x4,cowl hood, Drag Comp,4"ex., fuel press. gauge, boost&pyro gauges, bhaf, single Holley lift pump next to the fuel tank/13psi WOT, Vulcan Big Line, cheapo fuel cooler, Amsoil in the trans. & Valvoline in the pan, 62-65-.70A/R, ARP studs, kevlar/ceramic SD clutch, jammer 100's

Quote:
Old 07-02-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougar View Post
We had a lot of skilled people, but the new management is running people off just like the last place I worked. They are hiring contractors that haven't a clue on how to work on aircraft.
A smokey 55 morning headed to the mid 80s. Fires all over the state. Spent yesterday morning at the DMV renewing my drivers license. What a bad joke. I was warned so I came prepared. On their web site they have 5 categories of identification you have to provide. The first 4, Identity, Lawful Status, Name Change, and Social Security number requires one document each. The fifth, Residency requires 2. NOT TRUE! The person renewing your license can demand as many (or few) and what they think necessary. When I dumped out a big pile of stuff on their counter she didn't push. She pulled out my passport to cover my Identity and Lawful Status, she didn't ask about any name change, then my social security card was good enough for that part, and then a vehicle registration and insurance card I brought. $40 please, go down to window 10 for your mug shot. At window 10: here is your temporary license, your new one will be mailed to you in about 3 weeks.
So nobody recognized you from the Post Office bulletin board?

Quote:
Old 07-03-2019

Good morning DR, a muggy 70* this morning headed to 85*…..possible thunderboomers late this afternoon. should take the bike and wash it but probably not. New girl at work let me know she is single......semi-cute too. Do I really want to crap where I eat??????? Hummmmm….

'10 Wildwood 356 SRV
'15 Mid-life crisis
'98 Oytota Navalon
Old 07-03-2019

Mid 50s on its way to the mid 80s again. Half a million acres up in smoke and still burning. Had a fire break out in East Anchorage yesterday. 15 acres up in smoke. They banned all fireworks, even commercial displays this 4th.