Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > Diesel Ram Technical Topics > Technical Info: 3rd Generation: NON-DRIVETRAIN
Technical Info: 3rd Generation: NON-DRIVETRAIN Technical discussion of third generation (2003 - 2007) non drivetrain questions, solutions and upgrades. Please -- DO NOT post drivetrain discussions in this forum!
Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2016

Default Search instructions for air bag recall?

I've been trying to do a search for air bag recall and I give up. I have had the driver side air bag in my 2005 and got a notice that the passenger side air bag needs to be replaced but Dodge doesn't have the parts. I would like to disconnect the passenger side air bag until Dodge gets the parts. Anybody done this?

Thanks,
Victor

1980 CHEVY K20,4WD,TH400,NP205,14 BOLT W/4.10 POSI,ORIGINAL ENGINE BLOCK,NEXT ENGINE WILL BE A CUMMINS.

1968 EL CAMINO MALIBU,ALL ORIG,L79 327, 4SPD,12BOLT W/4.10 POSI.
Old 09-11-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by patleon View Post
I've been trying to do a search for air bag recall and I give up. I have had the driver side air bag in my 2005 and got a notice that the passenger side air bag needs to be replaced but Dodge doesn't have the parts. I would like to disconnect the passenger side air bag until Dodge gets the parts. Anybody done this?

Thanks,
Victor
If you have the recall notice they have to get the parts.
You might find your answer here too.
http://www.nhtsa.gov/NCSA
'91.5 somewhat stock w-250 4x4 5sp Except for the EVIL twin turbos, K&N filter, two small shopping cart dents in right door, Monroe SENAS-TRAC rear shocks. cheap $35 air horns. KDP tabbed. South Bend clutch 13-1.25 Con O. Max stixs, 4" Rip Exhaust,No Muffler, Old Smokey fuel pin. EGR rear disc. Engine breathed on by Max.
My Black Cloud Is Back!...
2012 3500 crew cab Ram 6spd manual, 8' box
I'm just so tired of being tired
Now on facebook

Last edited by bigreddog; 09-11-2016 at 11:57 AM..
Old 09-11-2016

I know they have to get the parts but they don't have them now. That's why I want to disconnect the passenger side airbag. When I got the recall for the driver side airbag it was a long time until they got the parts to replace it. I didn't realize how dangerous these air bags were until I met a guy that was almost killed by one of these airbags. Metal airbag parts were stuck in his throat, chest and shoulder that had to be surgically removed. The one in the throat was the most serious.

1980 CHEVY K20,4WD,TH400,NP205,14 BOLT W/4.10 POSI,ORIGINAL ENGINE BLOCK,NEXT ENGINE WILL BE A CUMMINS.

1968 EL CAMINO MALIBU,ALL ORIG,L79 327, 4SPD,12BOLT W/4.10 POSI.
Old 09-11-2016
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to MAXTORQ Send a message via Skype™ to MAXTORQ

Two choices. Either drive it or park it. To even give you the instructions to do so would leave people such as myself liable. And realisticly you risk your own well being to do this yourself.

So as a professional leave it and wait for the dealer to take care of it. If you can't find one to do it find another dealer who can.

www.maxtorqdiesel.com
Old 09-12-2016
Super Moderator

Just like the problems VW had many years ago with their Mark IV cars air bags it is more risky to mess with these then it is to drive with a recall. You take your own risk. You could pull the power from the airbag and run the risk of it blowing with you fooling with it or you can risk your passenger and drive with it. Or the best option is park the truck and wait. I am sure Dodge will only be a few weeks at most for parts. If it becomes too big of a deal just like MAX said take the truck to another dealer. IMO Do not mess with that airbag. My buddy and I reset on on a VW many years ago and it blew. Luckily we were out side of the vehicle with the VAGCOM on top of the car and door closed when it went. One of the scariest things I have ever seen and all we did was reset his airbag light. Hope you get it fixed.

--SOLD--2001 3500 SLT SO, 2wd, NV5600

2000 VW TDI (56 MPG)

2012 Keystone Raptor 395LEV
Closed Thread