Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > General Diesel Topics > DieselRam Rigs
DieselRam Rigs Here is our very own spot to showcase your own rigs. Website size pictures only please (640x480) .

Old 12-23-2015

Default the big job I just finished

I have been working on my truck I've owned since new. I first came here with a problem with my trans. before I started this project and have received some first rate help.

I wanted to show what I did and to thank those who have helped with the questions I had during this project.

I especially would like to thank Rob (Maxtorq) he was and is extremely helpful. I had called and spoke with him a couple times he was extremely gracious with the calls and giving me advice I tried to limit the time i had him on the phone. He had gave me some people to get ahold of to acquire some parts I needed and they too are great. I mostly called on Larry (partsitout EBay) great guy and knowledgeable and true to his word like Rob.

The thing I really liked about Rob is his "matter of fact" demeanor he truly knows these trucks like the back of his hand and you can take his word to the bank. The one thing that sticks out on one of our conversations was when I had some questions one being about the engines weight and pulling it with a chain hoist a big tree branch. His reply was "Dave I understand the redneck way of doing things but....." I laughed and still do when I think of it. That was 3 don't do it's so I called a wrecker with twin winches, so I didn't use the tree branch even though it is 18in round it was probably best.

I have been doing body work for the past 32yrs and would like to pass some of my knowledge on the subject. This entire project was a no-holds bard job done to last longer then any factory could possible do with regards to protecting it from future rust issues and paint finish.

I use material from SPI (Southern Polyurethane Inc.) from start to finish. They have the best most durable products you could get bar none. There Epoxy primer is absolutely the best you can buy period. I used their Black base and their Universal clear again simply the best. Their Black is the blackest black you will ever use and their Universal clear has a Shine that has the highest UV protection you can get with a gloss that is truly shiner and deeper then any of the other paint Co.'s offerings.

If you are in the market for doing anything with your ride that you would like to last give SPI a call you won't regret it you have my word on that. Tell Barry I (Dave, DATEC) sent ya, I don't work for or get anything for it just promoting a great Co. that has the most honest and helpful people working there with an equally helpful forum with members that have some mad talent.

Anyhow I hope you enjoy the write-ups on the project, this is what I've been doing.

Thank you Rob for answering my calls and for your assistance.

http://www.spiuserforum.com/forum/sp...se-por-15-ever

http://www.spiuserforum.com/forum/sh...2000-dodge-ram