Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > General Diesel Topics > RV and Medium / Heavy Duty Applications
RV and Medium / Heavy Duty Applications NEW! We've added a forum to cover questions relating to diesel powered Recreational Vehicles, and Medium / Heavy Duty Trucks! Post your questions here!

Old 09-04-2008
DieselRam's Tranny Guru

Default Re: MAX LOAD FOR A DODGE 3500 SRW

I am guessing its a bumper pull? If so loading your weight at the rear of the trailer is the worst thing you can do. Your truck and trailer can, or will end up upside down on the freeway.
The mods I talk about here is for information purposes only. I experiment on my own vehicles but do not endorse the modifications that I make to my vehicles to be used on others. If you use this info that I talk about, you use it at your own risk and responsibility.

03 Dodge 4X4 quad cab Dually. Two travel trailers, 1 cargo trailer. Lots of ham radios. Call sign N5ZYK Tech class. On 28.300 to 28.500 around 10:00 AM to 2:00PM every sunday.
Old 09-05-2008

U-haul recommends at least 60% of the weight to the front of the axles. Remember if you begin to fishtail....accelerate.......relieves the problem more quickly than slowing down. Just my .02.
Old 05-06-2009
DieselRam's Tranny Guru

I have gotten out of several trailer "whips" bt standing on the throttle and getting it straight again. But the problem is getting it to slow down and stop without it whipping again. Bad situation all around with a trailer not loaded correctly.
The mods I talk about here is for information purposes only. I experiment on my own vehicles but do not endorse the modifications that I make to my vehicles to be used on others. If you use this info that I talk about, you use it at your own risk and responsibility.

03 Dodge 4X4 quad cab Dually. Two travel trailers, 1 cargo trailer. Lots of ham radios. Call sign N5ZYK Tech class. On 28.300 to 28.500 around 10:00 AM to 2:00PM every sunday.
Old 05-16-2009

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RAMNYOU</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...just wonderin' is pin weight the same as tongue weight? </div></div>

Yes. Pin usually refers to 5er, and tongue usually refers to bumper pull.
97 3500, SLT Ext Cab, 300+Km, 11000+ Hrs, 5SP 4x4 Dually 4.10, 235-85R16,5th locknut upgrade, TCase upgrade, K&N, 4" exh. ahead of drives, gauges,#10,3k GSK.
Old 07-14-2009

A 48' bumper pull? Now THAT would be 1 heck of a tongue!
Fred