Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > General Diesel Topics > RV and Medium / Heavy Duty Applications
RV and Medium / Heavy Duty Applications NEW! We've added a forum to cover questions relating to diesel powered Recreational Vehicles, and Medium / Heavy Duty Trucks! Post your questions here!

Old 12-11-2015

Question Samson Tires ?

Howdy,

Has anyone had any experience with Samson tires? The dealer had to replace all four tires on the 5er and put on Samson Model GL285T, size ST235/80/R16 in load range G. Theyíre rated for 3,970lbs at 105 psi. They look pretty substantial, but I canít find much about them on-line. Iím hoping no news is good news.

Thanks
3 dogs
2 horses
1 rabbit
1 Excedrin headache
Old 12-11-2015

thought you were going with Karrier
'06 2500 Brilliant Black Pearl Thunder Road, QC, 4X4, G56 w/ SBDD, Home Brew in the gearboxes Volant CAI, ATS Arc Flow , Airdog 100, 5" Diamond Eyes pipes, Smarty JR, Warn lock-outs, drilled and slotted rotors, HBS steering stabilizer, Pacbrake airbags, Bilstiens, RP 15W40 , 2 BIG BALLS (shift knobs) from Geno's, 5th wheel slider, step bars. The next mod is........

'74 Trans Am, someday car.......
'10 Wildwood 356 SRV
'15 Mid-life crisis
"18 FLHSX
'98 Oytota Navalon
Old 12-12-2015

That was the original plan until the RV dealer agreed to replace them under warranty since the wear was caused by a suspension issue. He recommended load range ďGĒs in place of the ďEĒs that came with the unit so I didnít argue. I figured if I didnít like what he put on I could still get the Karriers and sell those ones. I canít find any reviews or much information on the Samsons though other than they are used on OTR trucks & trailers.
3 dogs
2 horses
1 rabbit
1 Excedrin headache
Old 12-12-2015

If they stand behind them.....how common are they in other parts of The US? When I started driving in the Nixon era I began using Valvoline oil.....it was everywhere. Same thing applies here. After all, we have them because we want to travel.
'06 2500 Brilliant Black Pearl Thunder Road, QC, 4X4, G56 w/ SBDD, Home Brew in the gearboxes Volant CAI, ATS Arc Flow , Airdog 100, 5" Diamond Eyes pipes, Smarty JR, Warn lock-outs, drilled and slotted rotors, HBS steering stabilizer, Pacbrake airbags, Bilstiens, RP 15W40 , 2 BIG BALLS (shift knobs) from Geno's, 5th wheel slider, step bars. The next mod is........

'10 Wildwood 356 SRV
'15 Mid-life crisis
"18 FLHSX
'98 Oytota Navalon
Old 12-12-2015

105 psi gonna make them hard as a rock, what will that do to the rest of the suspension and the camper attached to it?

'10 Wildwood 356 SRV
'15 Mid-life crisis
"18 FLHSX
'98 Oytota Navalon
Old 12-12-2015

I was thinking about that too. The original load range Es were 80psi. The axles are rated 7K lbs. each. I aired the Samsons down to 90psi when I got it back. I wish there was a chart or something that would give the correct pressure for the rated load.
3 dogs
2 horses
1 rabbit
1 Excedrin headache
Old 12-12-2015

Well, it won't let me post the link, look at the silverstateclassic.com website. Pirelli had a link there to speed/weight/psi chart, may or may not help....may not be there anymore

'10 Wildwood 356 SRV
'15 Mid-life crisis
"18 FLHSX
'98 Oytota Navalon
Old 12-12-2015

I checked it out and they didnít have anything on tires with that much pressure, thanks though. Iím finding Samson dealers all across the country so they must be fairly common, I just canít find any reviews or tech data on them. All I could find is this model is listed as light truck and trailer service. I had hoped not to find a list of reviews that said stay away so Iím happy about that. Iím also glad to get rid of the OEM tires since they had a long list of offenses, bad reviews, blow outs, etc., Westlake tires. Iím hoping for no news is good news on these ones.
3 dogs
2 horses
1 rabbit
1 Excedrin headache
Old 12-12-2015

I was told by my local dealer that for trailer tires imports are about the only thing ??? I am running 2 different brands on tandems and they seem to be doing their job BUT?
2005 SLT 2500 3.73 Automatic, reg cab, spray in liner, stull runnin boards,12 volt winch power to bed, slide out loading ramp 4ft by 8ft.Bone stock silencer now MIA 95 gph fass adjustable pump and straw kit
06 dodge 1/2 ton 2wd gasser 4.7 l auto [replacement for giving the son the ford] went to my mother 2017 1500 5.7hemi 10,000 original mile and 2018 Cadillac XTS
Old 12-12-2015

The Samsons are made in,,,,, wait for it,,,, China. No surprise I guess. I just don't want to replace the OEM Chinese road bombs with another set of Chinese road bombs. I'm going to run them since I haven't found any negative reviews or complaints. Actually, I haven't found anything about them other than dealers across the country sell them, and they make industrial and farm tires too. Fingers crossed.
3 dogs
2 horses
1 rabbit
1 Excedrin headache