Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > Diesel Ram Technical Topics > Technical Info: 2nd Gen 24 VALVE DRIVETRAIN
Technical Info: 2nd Gen 24 VALVE DRIVETRAIN Technical discussion of second generation (1998 - 2002) 24-valve engine and drivetrain questions, solutions and upgrades.

Old 06-13-2016
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to MAXTORQ Send a message via Skype™ to MAXTORQ

Two things.

Quite second quessing pull the tank check the screen. If you think the pump is a problem pull it send it to FASS.

www.maxtorqdiesel.com
Old 06-14-2016

Do you have an isolator before the gauge? I had low pressure readings and large fluctuations in pressure readings this winter and my isolator was loosing antifreeze. Topped it off a couple of times and have no issues since. Have no idea why it was dry. I have the 95 fass that mounts to the rail but that should not matter. My brother had a FASS 150 pump burn up on him. FASS was real good about replacing it at no charge and the turn around was fast.
Old 06-14-2016

You have an inline filter? Do you think it might be clogged?
01.5,Red QC Sport SWB,HO,6spd,4x4,cowl hood, Drag Comp,4"ex., fuel press. gauge, boost&pyro gauges, bhaf, single Holley lift pump next to the fuel tank/13psi WOT, Vulcan Big Line, cheapo fuel cooler, Amsoil in the trans. & Valvoline in the pan, 62-65-.70A/R, ARP studs, kevlar/ceramic SD clutch, jammer 100's

Time to turn so's you don't burn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigreddog View Post
if I get new gutters every year I never need to clean them
True love is when she gives you the ham from her egg mcmuffin
Old 06-14-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldoyle View Post
Am I right in them being a hot and ground ?
Yep, yellow w/black is positive(+)
01.5,Red QC Sport SWB,HO,6spd,4x4,cowl hood, Drag Comp,4"ex., fuel press. gauge, boost&pyro gauges, bhaf, single Holley lift pump next to the fuel tank/13psi WOT, Vulcan Big Line, cheapo fuel cooler, Amsoil in the trans. & Valvoline in the pan, 62-65-.70A/R, ARP studs, kevlar/ceramic SD clutch, jammer 100's

Time to turn so's you don't burn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigreddog View Post
if I get new gutters every year I never need to clean them
True love is when she gives you the ham from her egg mcmuffin
Old 06-15-2016

Well after the 3rd call to fass they think it could be the spring and ball check so they are sending a new spring and ball. If that doesn't fix it I'll send the pump back to them to test.
Old 06-15-2016
Super Moderator

Cant believe they just didnt send you one in the first place. When my ddrp did that and my big fass did it they just sent it no questions asked. Hope that fixes it. It should IMO.

--SOLD--2001 3500 SLT SO, 2wd, NV5600

2000 VW TDI (56 MPG)

2012 Keystone Raptor 395LEV
Old 06-15-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerkyBird2001 View Post
Cant believe they just didnt send you one in the first place. When my ddrp did that and my big fass did it they just sent it no questions asked. Hope that fixes it. It should IMO.
Well I don`t know either , in fact when I was having the problems in Jan . that was one of the suggestions I got on here , but the one I talked to when I called told me they had nothing in their pumps like that . Now after all this time and the problems I`m having now , if that fixes it , well I might just be a little irritated , but I will be glad it`s fixed .
Old 06-28-2016

Update : The new spring and ball valve did not fix it so I sent the pump back to FASS . The pump failed and they are sending a new replacement .