Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > General Diesel Topics > 4x4 Off Roading
4x4 Off Roading Created for members who like to take their rig off road. Tecnical discussion along destination hotspots.

Old 01-08-2013

This will be a cool project to see done when I retire...LOL!

Jesus man, what did you do? Cliff Jumping? Terrain park?

I'm going snowboarding this Saturday, hope I do a little better than this.

Get well, and rest up. My Bro had one fracture in his pelvis and it took a long time to recover, actually he is still having issues with it eleven years later.
Old 01-08-2013

Yea, my old boss keeps giving me chit that he'd like to see it done before he dies.

I was just coming down a simple blue run at Keystone and someone in front of me made a turn I wasn't expecting. When I turned to adjust for the other person I lost my heel edge and went off the side of the trail in to a tree. It was only my second day on a new Never Summer that is radically different than any other board I've ridden before so I was still getting used to it. Funny part is I've been staying out of the parks to avoid injuries, I figured I'd leave all those jumps and tricks to the young rubbery people. One of the positive aspects from this is that I'll finally be sucking up my pride next season and getting a helmet. It has been pretty stupid that I'll never ride a motorcycle without one but wouldn't touch one on a board.

I'm certainly hoping there won't be lingering issues with these injuries but I'm kinda expecting there will be.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012-12-24_14-14-37_416.jpg (42.0 KB, 27 views)
'96 2500 4x4, 5spd, #100 plate, HX35/40, S.B.C. 13" OFE clutch, gauges, 270+k miles. Under Construction: H.P. K.P. D60 W/ Lincoln locked 5.13's & full hydro steering, D80 w/ detroit & 5.13's, 2.71 reduction box & NP205, 4 linked and caged on beaded and cut 42" swampers.

'93 W250 210k miles, 4x4, 5spd w/ SBC conofe, regular cab, flat bed, '97 180hp engine, D.E. 4", S300, power upgrade goodies to come.

Last edited by cumminscrawler; 01-08-2013 at 06:45 PM..
Old 01-08-2013
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to MAXTORQ Send a message via Skype™ to MAXTORQ

Dawn and I stop by to see him. I would think that after that he'd give that sport up for fishing.

www.maxtorqdiesel.com
Old 01-08-2013

I pondered for a day or so about giving up the sport but decided I've been doing it a long time and still enjoy it so I'll just be taking it easier from now on. Besides, if I gave up every hobby I have that could potentially hurt me I'd be living a very boring life.

A big thanks for you two(Rob&Dawn) for stopping by! Part of the fun of this accident has been finding out who the truly good people are in my life. A pretty disturbing reality check people I barely know come to visit in the hospital and some of my "friends" of many years can't even pick up the telephone.
'96 2500 4x4, 5spd, #100 plate, HX35/40, S.B.C. 13" OFE clutch, gauges, 270+k miles. Under Construction: H.P. K.P. D60 W/ Lincoln locked 5.13's & full hydro steering, D80 w/ detroit & 5.13's, 2.71 reduction box & NP205, 4 linked and caged on beaded and cut 42" swampers.

'93 W250 210k miles, 4x4, 5spd w/ SBC conofe, regular cab, flat bed, '97 180hp engine, D.E. 4", S300, power upgrade goodies to come.
Old 01-08-2013

I hate when those trees jump out in front of some people.

I had to give up MX bikes for the same reason. I hated to, but have to say now it was a good decision.

Funny how you realize who is important to you and vise versa. About eleven years back I dropped 98% of my so called friends.
Old 01-08-2013
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to MAXTORQ Send a message via Skype™ to MAXTORQ

Yeah I had a few of those as well. Only time they called is when their car or truck was broke. Just started never returning their phone calls.

www.maxtorqdiesel.com
Old 01-19-2013

everybody says posts are worthless without pics but Dang man that was one pic that hurt me lookin at it
2005 SLT 2500 3.73 Automatic, reg cab, spray in liner, stull runnin boards,12 volt winch power to bed, slide out loading ramp 4ft by 8ft.Bone stock silencer now MIA 95 gph fass adjustable pump and straw kit
06 dodge 1/2 ton 2wd gasser 4.7 l auto [replacement for giving the son the ford]
2014 Cadillac CTS 2.0 turbo