Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > General Diesel Topics > Biodiesel and Alternative Fuels
Biodiesel and Alternative Fuels New! A forum specifically for the discussion and information on biodiesels and alternative fuels.

Old 01-21-2013

Default Snow Injection

Has anyone installed a Snow Water/Methanol Injection System on their truck?
http://www.snowperformance.net/index.php
'98 Ram Dually quad cab; 4X4; auto with mystery switch; 4:10's; BHAF; 4" MBRP exhaust; 3K Governor spring kit; #5 plate; timing @15.5; 63/65/14 turbo; 90 hp injectors; Isspro pyro, boost & tranny temp gauges; DSS steering stabilizer; adjustable heavy duty track bar, Snow Water/Methanol Injection Tow-Max System.
Old 01-21-2013

Not me personally, but these systems are top notch. Expensive, that is for sure. They are made locally just west of Colorado Springs in Woodland Park.

The performance shop that does my tuning on my cars exclusively uses snow product only. They usually do 150k race cars, if that says anything.
Old 04-04-2013

I've got a snow performance stage 2 kit on my '99 truck. I think its cool, but wish I'd either not bothered or got the stage 3 kit (or mileage max or whatever they call it) that uses exhaust temps as part of the info to base the injection quantity off of. Just having a boost controlled injection curve may be fine for some applications, but I do a lot of towing and find I can go through a LOT of fluid and not always have it injecting when I want it to be, because boost is only 1 part of what needs to be considered when injecting water/methanol.

Send me a PM if you want to talk about it more.
All the best
1999 Ram 2500 4X4, DTT trans & TC, Smarty, 150/95 FASS, 100 HP Maxsticks, Snow performance stage 2 water/methanol injection, DSS steering stabilizer bar, Lukes Links, Cold air intake, Silencer ring MIA. 4" turbo back exhaust split to duals half way back, 6" lift, lots of gauges

1998, quad cab, 12 valve, 4x4, auto converted to 5 speed, engine out of a 98 freightliner truck (still 12 valve 5.9L CTD) pacbrake exhaust brake, Runs on waste vegetable oil.
Old 12-26-2013

Had the Snow Performance Tow-Max installed and professionally tuned. It is tune for EGT's and for boost.
What a difference. Dropped the EGT's by 300 degrees and you can feel the increased HP.
Now to find a source of Methanol. Presently I am using -40 windshield anti freeze which is 50% methanol, but we are planning a trip to Arizona in the new year and I am thinking -40 windshield anti freeze is going to be difficult to find. May have to make a trip to Golden, Co, see Max and drop into Snow Performance and pick up some Boost Juice.
'98 Ram Dually quad cab; 4X4; auto with mystery switch; 4:10's; BHAF; 4" MBRP exhaust; 3K Governor spring kit; #5 plate; timing @15.5; 63/65/14 turbo; 90 hp injectors; Isspro pyro, boost & tranny temp gauges; DSS steering stabilizer; adjustable heavy duty track bar, Snow Water/Methanol Injection Tow-Max System.
Old 12-27-2013

Here is another guy that is running water/methanol in his truck: http://dieseltrucksite.com/showthread.php?t=881
1996 2500 2wd auto club cab #100 plate 3/4 forward, AFC full forward, timing at 16.5*, Piers upgraded turbo, 15" glasspack muffler. Pyro, Boost, Tranny Temp Gauges 3.54 rears, air bags, 15k 5th wheel hitch for 28' Dutchmen, 16' aluminum boat behind
Now Running Propane!!
Old 12-27-2013
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to MAXTORQ Send a message via Skype™ to MAXTORQ

Come on down John. Think I got 5 gallon of methanol stashed someplace.

www.maxtorqdiesel.com
Old 12-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MnTom View Post
Here is another guy that is running water/methanol in his truck: http://dieseltrucksite.com/showthread.php?t=881
Thanks Tom.

I am using -40* windshield washer antifreeze. It is 50% methanol and that is what Harbour City tuned to.
It has performed wonderfully.
We will see as we are headed to Arizona for 4 weeks starting the end of Feb.2014. May have to make a trip to Golden Co and pick up some Boost Juice from Snow Performance and make a visit to visit Max.