Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > The 911 Help Category > 911 Help! Emergency Only! For General Info Use Tech Forums
911 Help! Emergency Only! For General Info Use Tech Forums This section is ONLY (repeat ONLY!) to be used in a situation where you are broken down and in dire need of IMMEDIATE help! Otherwise use the normal "Technical" forums below for information requests.

Old 07-22-2013

Default In roseburg, oregon.

I am on the road with my family and travel trailer. My door latching mechanism is shearing the metal away from the three bolts holding the latch. It is holding on by one thread of metal and won't latch? This there a fix for this, or am I looking at finding a new door at a wrecker? I have tied the door closed , but It is getting really tough climbing across the console every stop. Tough getting this stuff done when in strange place.
Old 07-22-2013
Head Thread Derailer.

Which handle are we speaking of?

Inner or outer?
Old 07-22-2013

I think he's talking about the door frame latch itself. Maybe find a weld shop and get the latch plate tacked in placed until you get home to deal with it.
Old 07-22-2013
Administrator

How are the hinge pins? You can get a kit from NAPA .

sold
'96 2500SLT CC LB 2WD, KDP tabbed,100Hp Maxsticks,16* ,3k gsk,afc modded,#8 tst plate,62/70/13 turbo,4" MBRP exhaust,AFE stage III dry filter intake,autometer boost pyro, oil, tran temp,DSS,rebuilt diff & tranny w/billet triple lock TC w/lockup switch,1tn rear cylinders,ride rites on all 4 corners w/on board air,465k km. 330 hp 766 ft/lbs