Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > General Diesel Topics > Tires and Wheels
Tires and Wheels This forum is for tire technical discussion . Here you will find critical info what works and what may not.

Old 12-07-2012

Default 06 2500 wheels on first gen?

Hey guys, has anyone tried 06 Dodge 2500 wheels on a first gen CTD? the bolt pattern appears to be the same but I think the stud diameter may be 9/16" versus 1/2" on the CTD? What about the centerbores? Did they change? Finally, does anyone know whether the wheels are hubcentric or lugcentric? meaning, I'll have some clearance in the lug holes but if the wheels are hubcentric and I have the correct seat on the lugs, I should be ok.

I have a chance to get a nice set of 17" factory wheels for $125 with centers and lugs for my 92 and I wouldn't mind having the 17's to cut down on sidewall height a little.

I've read all of the posts in here and haven't seen this exact question.

TIA

Joe
Old 01-05-2015

Joe
Your D350 should have 5/8-18 studs (5/8" nominal diameter with threads cut at 18 threads per inch). The 06 trucks have 9/16-18 studs. Your problem will be getting lug nuts that will work. The lug nuts on the 06 trucks have a flange on them that is used to retain the hubcaps. Standard lugs will not retain the caps and may not fit the seats correctly. I would be tempted to get a set of the 06 lug nuts and have a machine shop cut and thread them to the 5/8-18 specs. HOWEVER, I am NOT suggesting you do this as this does, technically, weaken the lugnuts by thinning them down. So they may not be safe if you machine them.
2003 3500 ST 4x4 QC SWB SRW Black 305/555 ISB NV5600 3.73LS Tow Pkg, Tow Mirrors, Z-liner. Added Factory Cruise Control for $43.00** Silencer Ring & Baffle tube on shelf in garage. B&W hitch.* 310K on odo.* Magnaflow 4" Stainless Turbo Back - Vrooommm!!* REAL TRUCKS DON'T HAVE SPARK PLUGS OR GLOW PLUGS!!!* God Bless