Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > Diesel Ram Technical Topics > Technical Info: 2nd Gen 24 VALVE DRIVETRAIN
Technical Info: 2nd Gen 24 VALVE DRIVETRAIN Technical discussion of second generation (1998 - 2002) 24-valve engine and drivetrain questions, solutions and upgrades.

Old 2 Weeks Ago

Default Installed the LEDs

What a pain (literally), my left main headlight bulb fought me for an hour. I couldn't get the lock collar to engage. Otherwise it went well. Not sure about alignment though. The old ones where pointed at the ground and couldn't get them high enough to do any good. The LED's pointed high, so I cranked the housings down as low as they would go. But I think they may still be too high. No good way to check them without going out on the road. They do seem to put out more light up close, but will they go the distance which is what the other ones didn't.
Old 2 Weeks Ago

On other cars, you male a horizontal line on the wall at headlight height. Make 2 vertical lines crossing the horizontal line crossing the center of the headlight. Back straight up (I forget how far exactly but should be available online). Adjust lights so low beams are in lower right quatrant. High beams should be slightly upper right.

I expect that DanielStern has info on his site.
2000 Quad Cab,Longbed, NV4500, 410 Gears, 4X4, ISSPro gauges, Thuren 3rd Gen Trackbar (beautiful), AGR Steering Box - box works - NOPE, spoke too soon. Never AGR again. 2 dumped fluid & lost brakes & steering, 4th is too loose. AGR = pp quality control & long wait for replacement (doing something different. Will update with what works), DSS Steering Brace, AirDog 100 = 13# solid, Rusty Doors (POR15 at the bottom for now covered with color match Rustoleum)
Old 2 Weeks Ago

I know how to aim the headlights, it's these LED bulbs that are the problem. So much so, I'm pulling them out and sending them back.
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougar View Post
I know how to aim the headlights, it's these LED bulbs that are the problem. So much so, I'm pulling them out and sending them back.
turn 'em over?

SOLD 97 2500 4x4 ExtCab LB Auto; Isspro gauges (pyro, boost, tranny); 75hp Maxsticks, MaxTrans auto, KDP killed; BD DSS; 3rd gen 17" wheels; GM 1ton rear brake cylinders; Westin step bars; Pakbrake exhaust brake, TS Performance TC Lockup.
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkainz View Post
turn 'em over?
Tried it, no good. They are out and cheap halogens back in.