Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > General Diesel Topics > General Diesel
General Diesel Discussion of diesel topics not related to the Dodge Ram Diesel.

Old 03-18-2006

Default Some FASS tips

As I stated in my other post in the 3rd gen forum, I finished the FASS2 install today. For the few hours it has been in the truck I already notice a huge difference. Smoother idle, better throttle response, seems to have better low end power and even a smoother ride on the highway. Everybody should put this in their truck as a first upgrade, if not gauges being the first. Here are a few things I ran into and some things I did.

The bolts to mount the pump bracket are too short. Lowes had longer ones in Grade 8. Easy fix.

The directions were good and gave you enough to work with, but I still got stuck a couple times. Nothing that was hard to resolve though. These are my only complaints.

I added some electrical wire wrap (black hose looking stuff) around the blue fuel line to help prevent any rubbing and ran it along the factory fule lines.

I used an air ratchet on the LP allen bolts. I highly recommend doing this. They came out with no problem.

I left the old LP attached to the factory fuel line and zip tied a sandwich bag around it and the end of the line by the tank. I think it's good to leave it in incase I sell the truck or need to hook the old system back up.

Ok, this is getting long enough. In closing this is a great product and well worth the money. I no longer worry about long road trips with the old LP. If anybody needs help or questions about putting one in I'll be glad to help.

2003 Honda Civic, 1.7 lit, auto, 2 door
2007 Dodge Caliber R/T. The wifes.