Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > News and Announcements > New Dieselram Site Issues and Info
New Dieselram Site Issues and Info Critical Information for ALL new users. We post vital info here, so read it!

Old 05-21-2009
Administrator

Default User Login Name vs Display Name

Hey All

Be aware that for some of you, the new site may have reverted back to your login name, and not your ``displayed`` name. Vbulletin does not have an option to display a pseudonym, which just happens to be one of the few things UBB had that vbulletin does not.

So, this means that for now, you will have to use your original login name as your display name. We`re checking for an add-on tomorrow.
Old 05-21-2009
Administrator

Default User Names vs Display Names

Okay

As of my last conversation with Steve, the odds are that we will NOT be uploading a "hack" to allow a different display name than what your login name is. Sorry folks, there are some technical and security issues at play...it's one small price we have to pay for the new site.

However...for one time only...we do have the ability to revert your login name to your previous display name. Rob has done this for a few users already. It has to be done one at a time, so I'll let Rob chip in on whether he has the time and resources to do this.
Old 05-22-2009
Head Thread Derailer.

Yes I will change you name back to whatever it was before . Please note that at times I get flooded with this and it may take me a bit to do this.

What I need from you is the CURRENT SCREEN NAME YOU HAVE NOW and WHAT WAS YOUR OLD SCREEN NAME. With out thesae two I can not access you in the database.

Give a little time and we will get it for you .
Old 06-18-2009
Head Thread Derailer.

I still see people with their old login , if you stiil want me to change it let me know.
Old 10-26-2009
Head Thread Derailer.

Noticed that wea are getting a few older members back.

Welcome back.

If you still want your old screen name back please PM me and include your original screen name and I will change it back.