Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > Diesel Ram Technical Topics > Technical Info: 3rd Generation: DRIVETRAIN
Technical Info: 3rd Generation: DRIVETRAIN Technical discussion of third generation (2003 - 2006) engine and drivetrain questions, solutions and upgrades.

Old 02-06-2006

Default Question about electronic shift on the fly transfer case?

I am getting ready to order a new Ram 2500. I would like to get the Laramie H package but it only comes with the electronic transfer case.The Manual shifter is not availible.Has anyone had any experience with this option good or bad. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Old 02-06-2006

Default Re: Question about electronic shift on the fly transfer case?

I've had it on my last truck ('02 1500), and this one! That'll make it four years combined at extremely cold operating temps, and not a problem with either! They work well!

Gregger
04.5 3500 325/600 48RE, 3.73, silver, 4X4, 6 gun & S/L, Smarty, exhaust, BD 700R twins, No kitty, 100HP injectors, Banks I.C c/w High-ram, Gauges(Boost Tranny EGT Fuel) Water meth, Valve springs, Studs, Ride-rites c/w compressor, Boxliner, Sirius radio, 4 KC 130W lites, 10 disc MP3, Howes, FASS, Fumoto Valve, Full DTT, Mag-tec tranny pan, Reese 'signature series' 5th wheel and gooseneck, Beltronics STI Driver, Toolbox, Best damn tow-strap ever made!
Old 02-06-2006
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to MAXTORQ Send a message via Skype™ to MAXTORQ

Agreed,I have not seen any problems with them yet. [img]/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif[/img]

www.maxtorqdiesel.com
Old 02-07-2006

They are a sealed unit (electric motor and gear) so they should be ok. For '06 they are the only available transfer case control (The manual lever is GONE!).
Dan
73 International 2X4 1210 Crew Cab Just Waiting to be a CTD! 76 Scout: Looking for a 4BT!!
Old 02-07-2006

I started a thread about this roughly a year ago. There was a lot of sounding off about how "I won't have an electric transfer case, they're too prone to failure". What there wasn't was even ONE example of a modern dodge electric transfer case failing. Lots of babbling about ford and chevies messing up in 1982, but that was about it. Sleep soundly, in other words. It won't cause you a problem.
1998 quadcab 5 spd 12v 2wd dually, SB 3250 dd sintered iron clutch, no plate, CPP 7 x 10 injectors, htb2 64-13 turbo, 4" exhaust, detroit locker, wastegate set at 50psi, internally stock and original motor, has run 14.67 at 98 mph granny shifting, dynoed at 450/920 on VERY stingy dyno in 4th gear.

2009 rcsb 2wd hemi truck, runs 13's stone stock
Old 02-08-2006

Nearing two years with the ES-TC and I have not one complaint. Has worked great. I was leery, but wanted to clear up the floorboard space and I have no regrets.

my .02,
BDD
04.5 SLT 3500 QC SRW LWB 4X4, 48RE, 3:73, 11.5 RE, Fumoto Oil drain Valve, Taupe, Line-X, RanchHand BullNose-FE
Old 02-08-2006

I have this feature too, no problems. At the time I ordered mine in 03, this was the only way it came [img]/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif[/img] I saw a Laramie 05 with it on the floor. Looks like maybe now it's back again, but not really sure.
04 Laramie (H) 2500 HO QC 4X4 48RE 3:73 LS Putco Boss Bars LineX AFE Stage II Silver Stars 956 Moto's high idle ROKK sensor FASS MagHytec Diffs & DD trans pan

The Second Amendment is only vague if:
1. You cannot read and comprehend the English language
2. Choose to selectively alter the meaning of "the people" from amendment to amendment
3. Have never read any of the writings of the Founders

Anything else is a willful effort to twist the meaning of the Constitution to fit an agenda, or profound stupidity."
Old 02-09-2006

I have been looking at getting a new truck. on dodge.com build your own vehicle website there is a "Laramie H" and a "Laramie J" availible. the J has the floor shifter and the H has theelctronic shifter. The H package adds a lot of bells and whistles to the truck where it looks like the J just adds the leather seats.

CTD With a "SIX-SHOOTER"
Old 02-09-2006

I ordered a truck last night with the Laramie H package. This is a $2800 option. But it was the only way you can get the infinity speakers and the power sliding rear window with the leather seats.The only thing I didn't like was the E transfer case but after reading the posts here I went with it.
Old 02-10-2006

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by millco:
They are a sealed unit (electric motor and gear) so they should be ok. For '06 they are the only available transfer case control (The manual lever is GONE!).
Dan
</div></div>Sorry Dan you are wrong my '06 has manual lever