Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > Diesel Ram Technical Topics > Technical Info: 2nd Gen 24 VALVE DRIVETRAIN
Technical Info: 2nd Gen 24 VALVE DRIVETRAIN Technical discussion of second generation (1998 - 2002) 24-valve engine and drivetrain questions, solutions and upgrades.

Old 02-13-2007

Default Edge Comp vs Juice

Hey all, my friend is about to get a juice with attitude since he doesnt have gauges and he asked me today what was the difference between the juice and the comp. Since I'm not much of a 24 valve guy, I told him I would have to consult the more experienced for this matter. I have noticed that most higher HP guys that stack run the comps. My question is, what is the difference and why do most run the comp (especially when stacking) instead of the juice? Thanks in advance.
95/RC/DRW.O-ringed Head,SS Valve Seats,HX35/BHT3B Twins,Pump Massaged by Jeff Garmon,20* Timing,DDP3's,191DV's,FASS 180gpm@45psi,4kGSK,60# Springs,Banks Twinram,Fluidamper,ATS Pulse Manifold,ARP Studs,Georend Trans -w- Triple TC,Billet Flex Plate,Lots of Powdercoating,To many other bells and whistles.
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...Nov09_0003.jpg
Old 02-13-2007

Default Re: Edge Comp vs Juice

I just installed the juice today and I'm totally stoked! The gauges are cool and the performance is unreal, and I'm only on #2, and havent tapped yet.

I don't know the answer to your question, but I will guess that the Juices are just newer, and everyone that is serious has already been using the comp with real gauges.

The Juice has a fuel guage that is cool, so you don't have to spend a fortune on gauges
2000 2500 2wd SLT Pearl Bronze Laramie leather and loaded. 47RE Auto, K&N drop-in, 4" turbo-back exhaust, Edge Juice w/ Attitude, Silencer MIA (re-installed - too noisy), B&W flush gooseneck, Bilsteins, hvy duty susp and "camper package", Pirelli's load range E, new ball joints and brakes. 193,800 miles now.
Wifey and two 5 lb. ankle-biters.
Lance 8.5 Cabover Camper
Skeeter 200c EFI Merc. Tandem trailer.
Keep your line tight and cross their eyes..
Old 02-13-2007
Administrator

I'd venture to say that there's more Comps out there since they've been around longer than the Juice.
2000QC,SLT,SB,4x4,Intense Blue,Auto,4.10,DSS,AFE Megacannon PRO GUARD-7,silencer ring MIA,Edge Comp-pump wire untapped,Rip's 4in Fair Shake Exhaust,Isspro EVs fuel,boost,pyro,FASS 95/150, S/S '03 trackbar bracket, Thuren '03 trackbar, HTS Ultimate Duty trans w/ billet input & output, 89% Suncoast convertor, 150HP MAXsticks

'06 Liberty CRD, Inferno Red Crystal Pearlcoat, GDE ECO tune

'12 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT, Bright Silver Metallic

'98 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
Old 02-13-2007

The juice = the comp + gauge and safety abilitys.

More people have the comp because the juice just came out in july / august of 06, the comp has been out much longer.

I love my edge juice/ attitude. It is what I see as the best chip on the market for power and features. And if you do want to stack chips you still can.

-Mods: Edge Juice w/Additude, BHAF, 4" Turbo back to dual 5" Stacks, F.A.S.S.
Suncoast Transmission w/Billet Input Shaft and Torque Converter w/1700? stall
Old 02-13-2007

What if I already have gauges? What is the benefit of going with the Juice over the comp other than gauges? I will be looking to upgrade fron the EZ in the future.
2000 Flame Red Quadcab Shortbox SLT Auto 4X4. DTT Trans, SS Billet TC, Smart Controller, Edge EZ, Smarty, Mack 1 90 HP injectors, HTB2 62/12 Turbo, HT 3pc Manifold, 4" Duals, Aero Turbine Muffler, AFE Pro Guard 7, F.A.S.S 150, Isspro gages Pyro, Trans, Boost, Fuel, Turbo Lifesaver, 325 BFG's on MKW 18' Chrome Wheels, Solid Steel Ind DSS, Adjustable Track Bar & Control Arms, Skyjacker leveling.
Old 02-13-2007

From what i understand, you have to have the attitude monitor to operate the different levels of the juice. So if you already have guages, I would say just go for a comp. I would think you would be able to find one slightly used for a pretty good deal.
95/RC/DRW.O-ringed Head,SS Valve Seats,HX35/BHT3B Twins,Pump Massaged by Jeff Garmon,20* Timing,DDP3's,191DV's,FASS 180gpm@45psi,4kGSK,60# Springs,Banks Twinram,Fluidamper,ATS Pulse Manifold,ARP Studs,Georend Trans -w- Triple TC,Billet Flex Plate,Lots of Powdercoating,To many other bells and whistles.
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...Nov09_0003.jpg
Old 02-13-2007

Kind of what I was thinking, make some one happy with my EZ and buy a Comp used also.
2000 Flame Red Quadcab Shortbox SLT Auto 4X4. DTT Trans, SS Billet TC, Smart Controller, Edge EZ, Smarty, Mack 1 90 HP injectors, HTB2 62/12 Turbo, HT 3pc Manifold, 4" Duals, Aero Turbine Muffler, AFE Pro Guard 7, F.A.S.S 150, Isspro gages Pyro, Trans, Boost, Fuel, Turbo Lifesaver, 325 BFG's on MKW 18' Chrome Wheels, Solid Steel Ind DSS, Adjustable Track Bar & Control Arms, Skyjacker leveling.
Old 02-15-2007

And if you do want to stack chips you still can.

what does that mean???
1999 3500 4WD Quad cab. 4" exhaust, ATS exhaust manifold, draw straw, Suncoast Transmission and converter, BHAF, ring?, DTT noise filter, pillar post gauges, low fuel pres warning lite, remote start, Black paint with chrome and stainless.

4WD record holding PSI D Screwcharged Sand Funnycar

1000 Arctic Cat powered Pro ATV.

**SOLD** 2001 3500 SLT 4WD Air Dog 150 with draw straw. Ring? MBRP 4", Quadzilla NIB not use yet, bone stock and sweet!

03 4WD Black 4 door, 305 HP bone stock
Old 02-15-2007

It means that you can run more than one tuner at the same time. Example: Edge EZ along with the Smarty programer like I do. Problem with that is that the Edge is a timing box so with the Smarty I can't run it on the odd settings, 1, 3, 5, 7, 9. They all add timing also and that would ruin the engine.
Old 02-15-2007

I would still pick the juice with attitude and sell the gauges I already have. The attitude can show up to 4 things at once, and you have the option to monitor just about anything with your engine. it also has safety features you can setup. For example, you can set the juice to back down the throttle if your boost goes too high, or if your egt's go to high. It can beep at you if your fuel pressure goes to low, or if your RPM's go to high, or if your trans temp is too high. It can also backdown the power until the engine warms up. I have mine set so it doesn't add any power until the engine is at least 150*. It can also measure 0-60 and 1/4 mile times if you so desire. Then later if you decide you want a hot juice(drag comp) you don't need to send it in to be reprogrammed, you just buy the upgrade code and enter it into your edge juice to unlock that feature.

There are just so many settings and safety features that it seems very worth it for the $600 I paid for mine.

-Mods: Edge Juice w/Additude, BHAF, 4" Turbo back to dual 5" Stacks, F.A.S.S.
Suncoast Transmission w/Billet Input Shaft and Torque Converter w/1700? stall