Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > Diesel Ram Technical Topics > Technical Info: 2nd Gen 12 VALVE DRIVETRAIN
Technical Info: 2nd Gen 12 VALVE DRIVETRAIN Technical discussion of second generation (1994 - 1998) 12-valve engine and drivetrain questions, solutions and upgrades.

Old 03-05-2007

Default 47RE vs 47RH

OK tranny guru's. Going to be buying/building a trans this summer. Am I better off to get a built RE or eliminate all the electronic crap and go with a RH. After a frustrating month on the wife's Pontiac, I'd say the less wires and stupid sensors, the better. Sorry I had to vent a little. Thanks, Critter
Tow'ee: 79'CJ-7 .030" 360, T-176 4-speed, D300 case, 44's locked up front and rear, 35 x 12.5's. Custom bumpers, cage, rock sliders, winch mount. 1 1/4" solid hex bar with rod ends for steering linkage on high steer arms. Over built everything, and enough power to break any of it!
Old 03-05-2007

Default Re: 47RE vs 47RH

I would go with the RE. I have an RH and if I get on it the engine will rev to the limit......then shift, this hurts the quarter mile time a lot. I think that the RE will realize that you are out of RPM's and shift. The electronics also make for a cleaner, crispier shift. Just my opinion.