Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > Diesel Ram Technical Topics > Technical Info: 3rd Generation: NON-DRIVETRAIN
Technical Info: 3rd Generation: NON-DRIVETRAIN Technical discussion of third generation (2003 - 2006) non drivetrain questions, solutions and upgrades. Please -- DO NOT post drivetrain discussions in this forum!

Old 11-27-2007

Default fault code p0480

it says low speed fan control relay circuit but i do not have an electric fan deos this have somthing to do with my start problem?
Old 11-27-2007

Default Re: fault code p0480

Could you fill out your sig so we know what truck you drive.
Old 11-27-2007

i thought i had done that but i got it now
Old 11-30-2007

actually you do. It is an electronically controlled viscous fan drive. Either your wires to fan have been cut by the fan blades or the clutch itself is bad. There maybe others reasons for the code also as the ecm controls the fan. Covered by power train warranty, if out of warranty cost is about $390cdn so about $390usd or if unlucky like me you need the $580cdn fan.
Firestone Ride-Rite Airbags, Nitto Terra Grappler AT LT275/70/R18E on XD795 Hoss rims,
BD Killer B Turbo, DDP 50HP Nozzles,
BW Pocket Flares, 2 1/2" Leveling Springs
Old 12-02-2007
DieselRam's Tranny Guru

The 03 connector at the bottom of the radiator has a problem of corrosion too. Unplug it and clean it out with contact cleaner and plug it back in. I have had the code on mine every once in a while in really wet weather.

Since you also have a start problem, check and see if you have power at the injector wires. You may have a blown fuse. A single fuse that can feed many circuits can produce false codes and a no start if blown.
The mods I talk about here is for information purposes only. I experiment on my own vehicles but do not endorse the modifications that I make to my vehicles to be used on others. If you use this info that I talk about, you use it at your own risk and responsibility.

03 Dodge 4X4 quad cab Dually. Two travel trailers, 1 cargo trailer. Lots of ham radios. Call sign N5ZYK Tech class. On 28.300 to 28.500 around 10:00 AM to 2:00PM every sunday.
Old 12-03-2007

Send a message via AIM to ColdChuck Send a message via Yahoo to ColdChuck

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tim Holt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The 03 connector at the bottom of the radiator has a problem of corrosion too. Unplug it and clean it out with contact cleaner and plug it back in. I have had the code on mine every once in a while in really wet weather.
</div></div>

Tim, you better put some dielectric grease in the connector to keep it from happening again.

Good to hear from you again!
'04 3500 HO Laramie quad cab Black SRW SB 48RE 3.73 4x4 w/ESOF. AIRAID air filter/intake tube. Sprayed in bedliner. 50HP maxstick. PopUp GN hitch. Ranchhand Legend Bumper/brush guard. Silverstar HL bulb, Milemarker Hyd. winch. Firestone airbags. Bushwacker Extenda Flare. ATS deep tranny pan. Have tranny gauge but need overhead pod.

Wife - '04.5 F150 5.4L super crew 4x4 lariat fully loaded.

OLD: '99 F350 7.3L PSD lariat SRW 4x4.

Resistance is futile. You must convert.
Old 12-03-2007

tighten your fan. I just had the same code in my truck and then the fan fell off.
Old 12-08-2007

would this have somthing to do with the hard start problem?