Home   Forums   Gallery   Vendors   Advertising   Links
Go Back   DieselRam.com > Diesel Ram Technical Topics > Technical Info: 3rd Generation: NON-DRIVETRAIN
Technical Info: 3rd Generation: NON-DRIVETRAIN Technical discussion of third generation (2003 - 2006) non drivetrain questions, solutions and upgrades. Please -- DO NOT post drivetrain discussions in this forum!

Old 03-15-2008

Default cummins blowing a lot of blue smoke on start up

05 cummins blowing a lot of blue smoke on start up and at idle for a long period of time only at idle not driving any clue would help So Takean the truck to the shop tomorrow so they can tell me my "muffler bearings" are bad but I think it is a bad injector. but still would like to know what you guys think.and i will let you know.
05 Dodge Ram sport 2500 5.9 Cummins auto Quad cab 4x4 black mods are Dual Exhaust,k&n air intake,leveling kit,fender flares,western nerf bars.auto meter gauges boost,pyro and trans,SMARTY more to come soon.
Old 03-16-2008

Send a message via ICQ to CaptainCummins Send a message via AIM to CaptainCummins Send a message via Yahoo to CaptainCummins
Default Re: cummins blowing a lot of blue smoke on start up

How many miles? Check the intake hoses for signs of the turbo passing oil.
Old 03-16-2008

50,000 it idels rough to
05 Dodge Ram sport 2500 5.9 Cummins auto Quad cab 4x4 black mods are Dual Exhaust,k&n air intake,leveling kit,fender flares,western nerf bars.auto meter gauges boost,pyro and trans,SMARTY more to come soon.
Old 03-17-2008

do you idle a lot?
auto trans or manual?
2005 SLT 2500 3.73 Automatic, reg cab, spray in liner, stull runnin boards,12 volt winch power to bed, slide out loading ramp 4ft by 8ft.Bone stock silencer now MIA other than that bone stock CUZ IT DOES ALL I WANT IT TO DO
06 dodge 1/2 ton 2wd gasser 4.7 l auto [replacement for giving the son the ford]
02 lincoln ls for cruisin
Old 03-17-2008

no not realy its an auto
Old 03-17-2008

if you do not have the high idle enabled and used when stopped for periods it WILL clog the injectors and be a syptom of what you are describing now idleing kills these 3 gens they do not keep enough heat in the cylinders at idle to burn good
2005 SLT 2500 3.73 Automatic, reg cab, spray in liner, stull runnin boards,12 volt winch power to bed, slide out loading ramp 4ft by 8ft.Bone stock silencer now MIA other than that bone stock CUZ IT DOES ALL I WANT IT TO DO
06 dodge 1/2 ton 2wd gasser 4.7 l auto [replacement for giving the son the ford]
02 lincoln ls for cruisin
Old 03-17-2008

Thanks I do use the high idle when it is could out for about 15-20 min at the most.
Old 03-19-2008

Send a message via AIM to ColdChuck Send a message via Yahoo to ColdChuck

I think you got injector issue.

Try running PowerService for 1 tankful of fuel and re evaluate. If not, time to take it to dealer for warranty work.
'04 3500 HO Laramie quad cab Black SRW SB 48RE 3.73 4x4 w/ESOF. AIRAID air filter/intake tube. Sprayed in bedliner. 50HP maxstick. PopUp GN hitch. Ranchhand Legend Bumper/brush guard. Silverstar HL bulb, Milemarker Hyd. winch. Firestone airbags. Bushwacker Extenda Flare. ATS deep tranny pan. Have tranny gauge but need overhead pod.

Wife - '04.5 F150 5.4L super crew 4x4 lariat fully loaded.

OLD: '99 F350 7.3L PSD lariat SRW 4x4.

Resistance is futile. You must convert.
Old 03-20-2008

dealer called and said that air filter is bad and fuel filter is bad I dis agree. But agree with you what do you guys think about this
Old 03-21-2008

When was the last time you changed the fuel filter? As for the air filter when did you last clean it? As for it being bad how did they decide that it was bad?